Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Countdown Begins

In less than 40 hours, we will be blessed with a new baby. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around that..seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant. Time is weird. I'm not freaking out..much. I'm pretty calm really. I love being pregnant, even now at 39 weeks, 2 days. It's been an eventful ride, one I will never forget and will miss but I am ready. I'm ready for the next phase which is being a mommy to a newborn baby again. I will be a mommy to 3 (Dakota, my first born, included). I am so looking forward to that part. The part where we are all home as a family of 5 in our bed, snuggling, watching early morning cartoons. I love that our family is expanding and can't wait to meet this little person and call them by a name! All this time we've been calling this tiny person "new baby" or "bumpis" and never by a name. I'm ready to reveal their name to everyone! I'm ready to know myself!

We've been up to nothing much the past couple weeks..just hanging around the house trying to rest as much as possible. Here's a glimpse into our days lately..

 His favorite toy- the ipad. He can operate it better than I can.
 We went to Rhea Lana's sale and I said he could pick out any toy he wanted...he picked a stuffed cow.
 Don't be alarmed, that is not a ginormous tumor...it's my huge pregnant belly.
 Love those big lips..
Jonah got a big boy bed!! Since the babies will share a room, it's a little tight in there but it will work. It won't just be Jonah's Jungle anymore..the letters will change once we know who this baby is!!

The bedding we ordered hasn't come in yet..should be here soon. It's adorable and I bet you'll never guess what it has on it..





Jungle Animals! This is a picture of the bedding..
 And this is where little one will sleep. This bassinet has been in our family for like 80+ years. My brothers and I slept in this as well as Jonah, my Dad, cousins, aunts, etc. Such an awesome tradition.
 Love this baby!
 Lining up his animals carefully..
 Jonah still hasn't wanted to sleep in his new bed yet but loves to snuggle up after his bath and read stories..
 I think we read 5 books that night and all of them were about animals.
                            So basically, we're ready over here. Things are about to get really exciting...

3 Comments:

Julia said...

We're ready over here too!! I'm so excited for you.I love your little one already. I can't wait to meet Baby J!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe the time is almost here!!! I can't wait to meet the newest addition!!!

Julia said...

P.S. I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Head to my blog for details!