Saturday, November 3, 2012

2 YEARS OLD!

Dear Jonah Patrick,

Best pic I could get. You have grown to hate Marcel..poor guy.

  • You weigh 31 pounds (80th percentile) and are almost 3 ft tall! (85th percentile)
  • You wear size 4 diapers, 2T-3T clothes and size 8 shoes
  • You have very flirty eyes and know how to use them
  • You love to read books with Dad in the morning
  • You look amazing in red skinny jeans
  • I have a shopping problem and love to buy you and sis clothes. I am currently looking at matching outfits..
  • You eat with Rowdy, your stick horse, at every meal. He sits right next to you and you always offer him some of what you're eating. 
  • You say bye to EVERY thing. At bedtime, we have to say goodnight to walls, couches, plants and door knobs. 
  • I took you to Target for a date, just me and you, and we went to the toy section. You picked a blue elephant. We named him Elliot and you guys are now attached at the hip. Mema got you a puppy from the spa and he smells like lavender. You smell him and go "mmmmm" We named him Tater. He sleeps with you too.
  • Whenever we're going bye bye, you run and grab all your stuff. This means that we sometimes get in the car with an animal puzzle, Elliot, Tater, blue blanket, a lion puppet, a horse, cow and a zebra. It changes daily though but you will grab as much as you can carry. 
  • The other morning, it was time for breakfast. So the usual company was brought to the table..Rowdy, lion puppet, Elliot, a cow puzzle piece and a tube of toothpaste. 
  • You really hate social situations..this has been proven time and again but it reaaallly showed at your birthday party. More on that later..
  • You sat on the potty the other day without your diaper and I really thought you were going to go, but you didn't. You're getting more comfortable though which is great. 
  • You are still obsessed with all things animal but have recently gotten into dinosaurs. 
  • You seem to be talking a little more. You have a few new words: giraffe (said Gerah), sissy, baby, no and I could of swore you said I love you to your mema the other day. 
  • You also used a 2 word combo the other day. You looked at me and said "Bye Mama" Other than "oh no" that is the first time you've done that! So proud of you!! The rest will come when you're ready. 
  • Whenever you hear music, you start dancing..its just a little bounce and sway but it's adorable. You've started adding in some sweet arm moves too. 













Things stay pretty wild at our house these days. I don't know if it's the "terrible twos" or what but you seem pretty peeved a lot of the time. Things just are never going your way and you never cease to let us know about it. You like to scream and whine and have been known to throw a decent tantrum. You're not always a little turd though. You really enjoy alone time with me and dad (without sister) and it's at these times that we remember that we are raising an angel boy and not a little monster. We're looking into a school for you and I think it's going to be a very positive change. You will only go 2 days a week and only 4-5 hours a day. I really hope this helps you feel more comfortable in social situations and give you the opportunity to make friends with people other than your parents. :)

You make us laugh all the time with the things you do and looks you give us. You've got quite the personality and you love your mama very much. I hope that never changes. I love you my baby boy. "I know being little can be tough but your mama will help you through it." (That was said by your cousin Emily, a very wise little girl.)  She wrote you a letter for your birthday and that was the last sentence and boy does it ring true. Being little is tough and I will be here for you whenever you want to throw yourself down and scream or run into my arms for a hug. I'm here buddy, always.

Love,
Mama xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

1 Comments:

Lori said...

Makes me want to cry.........I'm so thankful to God for all the Love!