Wednesday, May 29, 2013

9 Months!

Dear Journey Kay,

How you got to be 9 months old so fast, I will never ever know. It's my fault. I keep feeding you! Here's what you've been up to lately:

Taken late 5/29/13 - 9 months 6 days old
  • You weigh 18.1 pounds as of 5/30. 35th percentile 
  • You are tall and lean, about 28-29 inches is my guess
  • You wear size 6-9 months in most clothes and you need 12 month sleepers now
  • Size 2 in shoes and size 2-3 in diapers
  • You are a mess! Literally...every meal requires clean up that consists of sweeping, mopping, wiping down highchair and seat, giving you a quick bath in the sink and changing clothes. It's a process. It's because we let you feed yourself. You prefer it and I am so proud of you. This gives me time to feed your 2 1/2 year old brother who still wants me to spoon feed macaroni into his mouth. You are my big girl and eat so well!!! 
  • Still on eating..you eat everything! You eat more than Jonah at most meals and you will eat pretty much anything I put on your plate. You always eat all your veggies and fruits. I am so proud of you Journey!
  • You are an expert crawler and move so quickly. You pull yourself up on anything that will support your weight. You've stood on your own not holding onto anything a few times for several seconds..I don't think it will be long before you're walking.
  • You are still so little. I was changing your diaper the other day and you were laying on your changing table and Dad walked in. He looked down at you and you smiled up at him and he said "she's still just a tiny baby, isn't she?" Yes, you are still our tiny little baby girl.
  • I've seen some of the most tender moments between you and your brother. I've also seen lots of "that was close" and "that could've been really bad" moments too. You've survived a lot of these types of moments and always come away with a smile.
  • You're in that stage where you're clumsy and think you're more capable than you are. You sport a couple bruises on your legs and knees and some bumps on your head. We're not used to hardwood floors and they have become the culprit of lots of those bumps. I've been putting you in the pack n play a lot more which helps keep you safe when I'm up doing stuff. You don't seem to mind being in there as long as I'm in view.
  • You're starting to pull your bows off your head. Not cool. You also don't like wearing your sun hat but you'll just have to get over that.
  • Whenever I put you in something frilly, you constantly stroke the tulle and pull at it showing me how pretty you are. 
  • You love to show us things. You find something really cool on the floor playing and wave it high in the air showing it off. 
  • You still smile at us when we make eye contact. It's amazing that a look can put the biggest grin on your face. You're such a happy girl!
  • You love to play with the farm and zoo animals, baby wipes, your tooth brush and little Brobee
  • You'd rather eat the book then listen to us read them
  • I'm writing this post late (5/28/13) but you cut your first tooth yesterday the 27th!!! your top left front tooth has made it's appearance and the right one isn't far behind.
  • You like to share your food with me and offer me bites
  • You still only say Mama and Dadda but I hear you make all kinds of sounds and are starting to string them together. 
  • You are still nursing but we've cut out a feeding. You're down to 5 times a day when you don't wake up in the night. 6 if you do.
  • That's another thing. You're sleeping through the night!!!!! You love your new bed and room and it's  nice and quiet for you. You sleep straight through from about 8:30 - 7:30am! You wake sometimes and we hear you cry out a little but always go back to sleep on your own within a couple minutes. We are pretty much loving this and hope it continues. You've been pretty consistent for a couple weeks now. 
  • You love to play outside in the water/sand table. It's filled with water now and you stand there and play and splash as long as I'll let you.
  • Jonah likes to bulldoze you down. It's a new thing where he bends over towards you and plows his head "softly" and "slowly" into your body until you're down on the ground and no longer enjoying whatever toy you were playing with. I use the words "softly and slowly" in quotes because most of the time it is but there are times when it's not and I'm so sorry baby. I don't catch him every time. He can be a little turd sometimes but you are so tough. You mostly pop right back up and continue on or you fight back and take the toy back. You are my little fighter.
  • Your hair is filling in so beautifully and I can now brush it a little.
     It flips out on the sides above your ears and makes you look a little crazy sometimes, especially with that one front tooth! Ha!



Spaghetti Night


One tooth wonder!

Eating a donut. Eating makes you very happy :)


Just realized I have a lot of pictures of you eating. You love your watermelon.



You are so fun Journey! You are a beautiful, determined little gal that likes to play with your brothers toys, especially the ones he is playing with at that particular moment. You don't like waiting on food to be served. It really ticks you off and you tell us about it by screaming. I always try to have something to give you as soon as I put you in the highchair. You love to get into my purse and wear my jewelry. You also like to go through my makeup bag and chew on my makeup brushes which is gross I know. You love my shoes and take my phone from me anytime you see it in my hands. You are such a girly girl and it's really fun. You also like to play outside and get dirty with your brother which is also really fun. I love you Journey. I ams o glad I am your mommy! Happy 9 months baby girl!

Love, 
Mama
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

1 Comments:

Jennifer said...

She is getting so big!!!! She is just precious! I LOVE the last picture of her eating watermelon!