Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Done Deal

It's official.




Jonah took care of the gardening. He's loves watering the weeds.




Tamara brought over wine glasses and champagne to toast and celebrate


Journey's been sick the past couple days. I think the whole house has been under stress with the move and everything. We kept her out way too late last night on top of that celebrating and she passed out on Justin at dinner. 

So we closed on the house yesterday at 4pm. We move on Saturday...we are down to "this is the last Tuesday in this house", "This is the last load of laundry I'll do in this house" It's a lot of lasts for me. I tend to do that and really draw out goodbyes. It's ridiculous but helps me put things into reality. I don't even want to think about what I'll be saying in a couple days.."Last time I'll put Jonah to bed in his jungle room.."

 I am looking forward to putting my baby to sleep in a real crib and not a pack n play though. I'll be happy to pack that up for the last time but there are very few lasts that I won't miss about this house. The song "Memories" has been playing in my head but sung in my mother's voice. Probably because I've never heard the real song and have only heard it sung by her. 

Besides being overly dramatic about all the little things, we've been doing some fun stuff too. Journey now pulls herself up on everything!



Jonah's school had a family picnic day. Even though he didn't know it, he showed us all the things he's learned at school. 


Like waiting his turn and standing in line. He was so patient waiting for his turn on the slide. I was so proud of him.


And then some more watering...Whenever's he's outside, he will be watering all the things that he shouldn't. Like weeds, the porch where we're all standing, sissy...

It's gonna be a crazy week. 4 days...This may be the last post I write in this house..See, I can do it with everything! 

2 Comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the new house!!!

Andrea said...

You are so funny. Congratulations on the new house, it's looks gorgeous! And I wouldn't say you're over dramatic, you're just sentimental. I think it's sweet. <3