Thursday, September 19, 2013

Oma

Not a happy post. I don't like not happy posts but this is life, right? I wanted to post a few pictures of our Oma. She has been fighting cancer like a freakin ninja for 3 years. She is amazing, beautiful and one of the kindest people I have ever had the pleasure to know. She accepted me into her family like one of her own and always treated me with love. I got to kiss and hug her and spend some very sweet, priceless moments with her on the 4th of this month. She slipped into a coma on the 5th and left this life on the 11th. She was 61. It has been hard. This isn't supposed to happen yet. Life's a nasty bitch sometimes. She spoke fluent German (she was born in LINZ, Austria) and had the very best stories always accompanied by the most genuine laugh.
They say time eases pain. I have experienced loss but it never gets easier. Especially in circumstances like this. I pray for Justin, his dad and Herm's kids everyday because this is the hard part. The part where everyone else resumes their lives but you're left with this hole in your heart that can never be filled. Telling a toddler that his beloved Oma is in heaven now and that he can't go too was heartbreaking. I'm glad Justin told him and not me. I don't think I could have done it without breaking down. These are just a few of my favorite pictures.

Hermine and her mom taking shots of whiskey. Like a boss.  




Holding newborn Jonah




Holding newborn Journey












Our wedding




I wish I had all the beautiful well written words she deserves. We will remember her, talk about her, talk to her and visit her each time we are in Conway. We will always love our Oma and she is in our hearts. Forever.

2 Comments:

Jennifer said...

So sorry for your loss...your all will be in my prayers.

Andrea said...

Oh Jess. I'm so sorry. I bet this was hard to write but it's such a nice tribute. <3 Hugs to you and the family.