Monday, September 30, 2013

13 Months

Journey Kay,

You're 13 months 7 days ago. I'm slacking. I'm sorry baby. I've also stopped trying to get you with Marcel. It lasted the first year but we get so busy I have a hard time posing you with him on time. So the shots below are just some random cuties.


You've been into EVERYTHING lately. You are non stop destruction. You love to empty Dakota's water bowl and splash around. You love to play kitchen with her food. You go into your kitchen, get a bowl and cup then toddle off to D's bowl and fill up your dishes with her food. I can always find where you end up because of the trail of dog food you've left behind. This is so irritating but then I see your sweet face and it makes it very hard to stay mad. You go to the time out spot a lot. You also back talk and hit me when you're mad. Then you go back to time out. You throw fits that include arching your back to escape from my hold because you're just so mad so I ease you down to the ground where you sprawl out on your belly and scream and cry. Then you get up and want to be held and kissed on. Bi-polar much?

Although you are a handful these days and I feel like I'm dealing with a 13 YEAR old sometimes..you are still very much a baby and love to be cuddled and kissed on. You love your blankies and your brother. You want to do everything he does and have everything he has. You say new words everyday. The ones said mostly are mama, dada, bubble, bath, shoes, yea, cookie, hi and bye. You've been hitting a lot so you've learned to say love because I say to you "no hitting..only love" and I rub your hand on my face softly. It works for the most part because you stop and say love. You have the sweetest little voice and the loudest screams. You and Jonah get into yelling wars and go at it one at a time. You each take a turn to yell your loudest then listen as the other does it. Hey, at least you're taking turns! We let this happen for a few minutes before I want to pull my hair out. You love climbing the stairs, climbing up on the couch and then running back and forth as fast as you can. You can climb up to our bed now and love to fall face first into the pillows. You can get off the bed and couch now too without help. You always turn around and go down on your belly. I'm so proud of you for finally getting this because you used to just jump off. You got hurt a lot. :( It happens before I even get a chance to realize what's going on. You are quick and fearless. You love fan pulls, opening and closing doors, cleaning the toilet with your hands and turning on and off light switches leaves a twinkle in your eye and a grin that spreads across your whole face.

You love bath time and swinging outside. You could swing for hours. You tried to feed Dakota her poop the other day when we were outside. So gross. You love going for walks in your pink car. You climb in there and try to put your seat belt on. You always take a stuffed animal or blankie. You love to talk on the phone and say Hi whenever you see one. You use the thermometer as a phone a lot. You say cookie and run to the freezer to try and pull it open. We keep Keebler's thin mints in there at all times and you know this. You're still nursing twice a day. We cut out the morning feeding and you've been okay with that. You nurse at nap and bedtime. We have no plans of stopping any time soon.

You still only have 6 teeth but a few others are on their way. You were sick for awhile this month. Teething and bad cough but you seem to be feeling better. There were a few nights were you woke around 3am wanting to be held until 5am when you would drift off back to sleep. Luckily this only happened a couple times and you are back on schedule now. Bedtime is 8pm and you usually sleep till 7 or 7:30am.

You still wear size 6-12 month clothes but mostly 12-18 month. You wear size 4 shoe and size 3 diapers. You weigh about 20-21 pounds and almost 31 inches tall. Your hair grows longer every day but you hate when I try to do things with it.

You're an independent eater, always have been and you eat whatever we do. You love spaghetti and will eat a whole plate and bread stick. I don't know where it all goes because you're still so tiny. You adore shoes and tutus. We open your closet to pick out clothes and the first thing you pick are shoes and then we build the outfit around them. You almost always choose a tutu as well or something frilly. You also notice Mema's shoes and bend down to touch them. you appreciate pretty things. I have a feeling we are going to be the very best shopping buddies. Your dad is in trouble!

12 month checkup. 5 shots. 1 in each arm, 2 in left leg and 1 in the right :( You did so well. Only cried for about a minute then perked up when I gave you some fruit snacks.

Been outside a lot enjoying this beautiful weather. Just down the street from 2 elementary school playgrounds. We love them!

Snack time!

I find stuff like this a lot


First pigtails! Bad picture. You hated it and pulled and tugged on those sweet piggies until they were gone.

Watering the yard






You stand like this a lot when a favorite song comes on or show. Look at your feet :D




You're sweet, sassy, a teeny bit crazy and still have the softest cheeks I've ever kissed. You are beautiful and we love you sweetheart. Happy 13 months fleeber.

Love,
Mommy
xoxoxoxoxox

1 Comments:

Andrea said...

these are always hilarious and heartwarming. gosh, she's beautiful! and i love that she is full of so much spunk!