Sunday, November 3, 2013

Jonah is 3 years old.

My dear Jonah Patrick,

Today you are 3. Today 3 years ago around 10am, I coughed and my water broke bringing you into this world 8 days early. Your delivery is foggy and I wish I could put it in focus but you needed to come quickly. The cord was wrapped around your little neck and we didn't waste any time getting you out. You were born healthy, pink and gorgeous at 6:03pm weighing a perfect 7 lbs 10oz. I didn't get to really see you until 3 hours after you were born but the moment I held you in my arms I was a goner. I remember saying that you looked like me and I couldn't believe I gave birth to a beautiful blond baby boy. You were our first and we were so scared with you. We didn't know what we were doing and you kept us anyway. We know each other much better now and my love for you continues to grow by the minute.


3 Year old Stats
Weight: 33-35 lbs I really don't know but somewhere in there.
Height: 40 inches tall
Teeth: 16 I think. i don't think your molars have come in yet. We are making your first dentist appt for you soon. You are not excited.
Clothes: 3T fits you best.
Shoes: Size 8 - 9












You are most cuddly in the mornings and right after nap. You love to get in our bed and cuddle while you watch a show. You are quiet and I like to sit and study your face while you watch tv. Creepy?
You talk all the time. You sing just as much. You love to sing nursery rhymes. Jesus Loves Me, ABC's, Humpty Dumpty, Ring Around the Rosie, 3 Blind Mice are some favorites you like to sing to us. You ask us to sing you songs about the princess and the frog or about animals. We make this up on the spot then you request them later and we can never remember quite how it went so this upsets you. You also love books. You like to read while on the toilet which makes for extra long potty times but we let it happen. You're allowed 2 books while on the pot. You still drink milk before nap and bedtime which is why you have to wear a pull up when you sleep. Some times you wake dry but more often you wake up wet so they are still a necessity. Other than that you are a champion and go in the potty. Haven't had an accident in months.

Your favorite activities are playing with your animals, playing outside, taking D for walks, playing the ipad, reading books and doing puzzles. You are very observant and cautious. Nothing gets past you. You stay close to me when we're out which I never knew how much I appreciated until your sis came along. That girl would take off on me in a hot minute if I let her loose. You stay close and hold my hand. I think you will probably always be close to me. You sure do love your dad but I think I've always been your favorite. I like to think so anyway. ;)

You are still the pickiest eater ever. Will this ever change? You eat quesadillas, pizza, PBJ sandwiches, chicken nuggets, macaroni, biscuits and sometimes tomato soup. This is it. You do eat different snacks and love fruit but those are dinner and lunch options always. every.day.

You are a creature of habit. You enjoy doing the same things the same way we did last time, eating the same things and reading the same books over and over. You're predictable which makes things easy but I wish you'd branch out a little and try new things (foods especially).

You are so smart. You're counting to 30 and beyond. You get the concept so you are just learning the tens. ABCs are a breeze and you spell your first and last name correctly. I'm trying to get you to use a pencil and write better but you still mostly scribble. you can draw a circle and a face of some sort. You place the eyes in the right spot but mouth and nose are usually on the forehead of not inside the face at all. You love for us to draw animals and then you color them in. You really like to paint and get to a lot at school. You bring home the cutest art projects.

You love your friends at school and always say bye to them when I pick you up. You love your teachers so much and when I went to get you the other day, you wanted to stay! This has never happened and I hope it stops. You told me they were "so sweet". You sleep every day at nap time and look so happy when I pick you up. I know we made the right decision with your school. Gives me such peace knowing how well cared for and happy you are when not with me.

You love to go get Journey in the mornings when she wakes and I hear you on the monitor saying "Oh hi sissy pie..wake up sissy..good morning" You love her so much.

You like to do everything yourself. You buckle your seat belt, go pee all by yourself (barely any spillage) and attempt to dress yourself. You still need help with shirts but pants you are good at. You like to pick out your own clothes which I allow on weekends. You really don't mind too much when I choose but you always say everything is too tight. Shoes and pants are always too tight. You prefer pajamas over anything else with socks. You love to be snuggly.

You adore your blanket, Blue Blue. Brown Brown is a close 2nd. You take blue everywhere and I often hear you telling him how much you love him. You bury your face into him and start yawning. I can just talk about blue blue and milk and you get sleepy.

You go to sleep around 8:30 in your own bed but wake up and get in bed with us every night. It's usually around 2 or 3am. You don't even say anything anymore, you just crawl in bed and go back to sleep. Sometimes you need to go pee pee or ask for a tissue and water.

You told me I was pretty the other day. Actually you said "you're pribby mommy" I could've died. I looked terrible too.

You tell me you love me all the time and love to talk about our family.

When we have visitors which isn't often enough I guess, you like to greet them over and over.

You tell Daddy what you're thankful for at night before bed and it's always something different. I went shopping one night and you told Dad you were thankful I was home.

You request nursery rhymes when we're in the car and sing a long to each one.
You hold Journey's hand when she gets upset in the car.

You call yourself a good boy and a tall boy. It's so cute.

You always throw away your trash without being asked and put your dishes in the sink. I never even have to ask you to do this. You clean up your mess and get coins for it. We're saving for new animals.

Some funny things you said recently..

We were playing hide and seek in bed and you had your blanket over you. I said "where's jonah?" a few seconds go by and you say "I don't see him.."
This morning you woke up and I said "Happy Birthday Jonah" then you smiled and said "happy birthday mommy"
I asked you how old you were and you said "10"

I love talking to you and hearing what you say. You sing me songs and tell me you love me all day long. Please never stop doing this.
You are so fun and we love you so much it's disgusting. Happy 3rd birthday my good boy.

Love,
Mommy

0 Comments: