Monday, November 18, 2013

What day is it?


We've been busy this month. My days are running together. It seems like we have something to do every day/night. Me no likey.
But we've been having lots of fun.
I have to mention our Jonah. He has been going to gymnastics (wee tots) for about 4 months now. Since he turned 3, Miss Valerie has been evaluating him. Well turns out, he is so good that he is now ready to move up to the big 3 year old class and work with Mr. Chase. He had his first class last Thursday and after having a good fit about not wanting to take off his socks (he never had to in the other class and doesn't like change) he joined the rest of the group as they stretched and proceeded to do every yoga pose like a champ. He then marched off with the other boys and worked with Mr Chase on the bars. He did so good. We aren't allowed in the room anymore. We stand behind glass and watch but he can see us and waves. :) So so proud of him. I can't tell you how awesome it feels to hear that your child is excelling. It's reassuring I guess, knowing that he is progressing and well ya know..normal. I don't usually condone normalcy, however, there is something oddly comforting about it. I see him learning so much..patience, balance, coordination, following directions, waiting his turn, listening. On top of all that, he is having a blast!! It started out as just a fun activity that he could do once a week with his grandparents. I didn't realize then that he would also be learning all the other important life lessons. A big, huge thanks to my wonderful parents for the idea, taking Jonah every week and for bankrolling the whole thing. They are the the ultimate I tell you.

I got in trouble for using my flash so I had to take the rest with my phone. They didn't turn out very good.






Went out to lunch afterwards. He loves his mema so much. 

On another day, I have no clue when... we checked out Little Giggles. We met up with some friends and played for a few hours. It was so fun! 




Playing dress up. Jonah was a dancing policeman and sis only had eyes for the shoes. She picked a pink high heel and was actually able to walk around in them.



They enjoyed snack too. JK had obviously made herself right at home..leg propped up and all. 

On a different day we went to the Toy store and mall to do a little early Christmas shopping and pick up a few gifts for birthday parties we are going to. November is a big birthday month for us. 




 Then we went to Gracyn's 4th birthday party at a gymnastics studio..Jonah was right at home.


 My phone ran out of juice right at the beginning of the party. I was so bummed. The kids had so much fun running up and down the bouncy pallet they laid out. They jumped on big trampolines and ate cupcakes upstairs.




Had a fun photo sesh with Jonah.  He loves making funny faces with me.
Went out on a date with this dude and enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanks to mema and papa for watching the kiddos. And thanks for Uncle Jake for watching them on Tuesday..we get to go see a movie! I could get used to date night once a week!














We ended our weekend with a walk to the park before dinner. 

 This blog is truly a blessing to me. When our days and weeks start running together because of the crazy busy lives we have, I can always come here and upload a few (albeit blurry) pictures and remember all the little details that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. These are the moments that matter..the little ones in between all the crazy stuff. 
Blessed, I truly am. 

0 Comments: