I'm 6 days late on this! Sorry baby girl.
You weigh about 23-24 pounds and are so tall. You are wearing size 18-24 month clothes and 2T leggings. You wear size 6-7 shoes and size 3 diapers.
Galloping and skipping is still your preferred method of getting to where you're going
You call me Daddy a lot. I don't know why and I correct you but you still call me Daddy most of the time.
You love to play. You'll find anything and make a game out of it. Play doh is a big activity for you and Jonah right now. It excites you just about as much as going outside does.
Jonah really likes to tackle you. You hold your own and he's mostly gentle
You take off your diaper every chance you get. It is sooooooo annoying. You take off your pants and socks first. You never leave socks on. Then you take your diaper off and bring it to me. We've had a poopy mess only once thank goodness..you took off your diaper and then pooped in Dad's office! And while that mess was being cleaned you were off in our bathroom scooping toilet water out and pouring it all over the floor. That was all before lunch. So I had a plan. I put your diaper on, then your pants and then a onesie and snapped it shut over your pants...Thought I had got you beat but then I go in to get you after nap time and you are naked in your bed. So you've mastered the buttons on onesies now...you're unstoppable. My next idea involves duck tape...
You carry a bucket around filled with pigs, letters, puzzle pieces and put it on your shoulder and call it a purse
As I sit here writing this you are putting play coins between each one of your toes. You have 3 on one side and 2 on the other...oh you just gave up. Onto sticking your foot into a play puzzle shoe that is supposed to teach you to tie your shoes..
Twinkies!!!
You love talking on the phone to whoever I am talking to. You talk on your play phones a lot too and when I ask you who you're talking to it's almost always Mema. You also love selfies.
Too early for pictures...
You love your afternoon naps and will sleep until I wake you most days. I put you down around 1 and wake you at 4. You always want a snack the moment you get up. You love to eat and ask for a "beena" (banana) first thing in the morning. You would prefer to be plopped down in your seat at the table the moment you wake up and food served.
When you're not being a turd sandwich...you are the sweetest and smartest little lady. You can count to 10 and can sing most of the ABC song. I love the LMNOP part...you mumble through it. You're getting much better at colors but still working on those. Everything is always pink. You are really into puzzles and can name lots of animals and shapes. You've been sitting and listening to your books when I'm reading and will sit and read to yourself and just turn the pages and babble. You babble a lot. Most words are completely clear but when you have a lot to say it all just comes out together as jibberish. I think your little mind is working so fast and your mouth just can't keep up. I know once you figure all that out you will probably talk (clearly) non stop, much like your brother.
Easter egg hunt at Jackson's birthday party
This month has been rough at times and doesn't look like the next is going to be any different but I do know it's a phase and I can never stay mad long because you find a way to turn it around and make me laugh like when you came out of time out and found a pair of binoculars and crept up beside me looking through them and said quietly "i seeeeee you"
Time outs work and we've been trying to make you accountable for your actions. Like if you pour your snacks out all over the floor cause you're mad then you better believe you are picking them up. I guess it's time to start treating you like a big girl which breaks my heart a bit but also makes me so happy when I see you making the right choices like throwing your own trash away and picking up your toys when you're done playing with them. Baby steps.
You truly are a sweetheart though and I know it's hard being little and especially right now you want to do so many things that you just can't do yet. We will get through this together little lady. I promise to keep my patience with you and you promise to stop pooping all over my floor ok?
I love you sissy pie. Happy 20 months!
Love,
Mommy
xoxoxox
2 Comments:
She is too precious! Sounds like you never have a full moment!
Every time I read your blogs I have tears streaming down my face or smiling and laughing out loud...your sweet baby Journey is such a Blessing to us...just like you! She is filled with personality and energy and is so beautiful, take it all in and enjoy this time...she is learning so much and growing every second. Happy 20 mo little Journey Kay, your our precious little angel, Love, Mema Xxx
Post a Comment