Thursday, May 22, 2014

Nature Walks








The weather has been so nice lately and we haven't been wasting any of it inside. These kids love being outdoors. It's where they can run as fast as their little legs can go, scream and yell in excitement as loud as they want, eat lunch and get crumbs everywhere and no one even cares if they wear shoes. JK sneaks out any time she sees the door isn't locked which is scary and I've found her multiple times outside in the pool in her pjs. We have lots of shirts, underwear and socks drying outside on the chairs and I am always picking up toys that they have brought outside to share in on the fun.

Nature walks are my most favorite. I load the kiddos into the wagon, put D on a leash and off we go being as quiet as we can so we can hear everything. We hear birds a lot and sometimes the occasional dog barking or plane flying overhead. Mostly it's fun trying to be quiet and listen. Jonah always gets the giggles and then Journey joins in. We've taken the time to stop and inspect dead bugs, collect rocks and watch lady bugs dance on flowers.

The kids are growing so fast and I forget sometimes how blessed I am to be able to put off work for a couple hours so I can play outside with them instead of watching them play from across the room while I sit in front of a computer screen. I get caught up in what I should be doing and forget to just let it all go and really see them. Listen to them. Watch them. I know I work from home and see them every day all day but it's these moments alone with them when my focus is completely on them that I cherish and I see that they do too.

This Spring has been so beautiful and I have a feel it's going to be an amazing Summer with these two littles by my side.


0 Comments: