You're weighing 24 pounds a little more or less...standing tall at 34 inches and wearing size three pampers. You've been taking an interest in the potty lately and will tell me when you have to go. You've never actually gone though. You just sit there and push like you're trying to go. Only a poot came out. This always make you laugh.
You run just about everywhere you go but with reckless abandon and looks like you're always on the verge on falling. You yell "My Turn!" when you think Jonah has had enough fun with a toy. You're usually easy to give up a toy when he asks for it though. You love giving Codie treats but you make her work for it. As soon as you get that bacon strip you take off running..enticing her to chase you. I let this go on for a couple laps then make you give it to her. Codie loves you and is always present at bedtime, laying under your crib. You two are together a lot and you love having her with us in whatever room we're in. She doesn't like going up and down the stairs but she does it...for you. The past few nights I've noticed her laying in front of your closed bedroom door. So I've been cracking your door at bedtime so she can lay in your room while you sleep. It's the most precious thing. She was never like that with Jonah but you two have a bond. It's a girl thing I guess.
You love hugging your stuffed animals and inanimate objects. The other day your play doh animals all got a good squeeze. You're the best hugger. You wrap those little arms tightly around your subject and squeeze and swing your body side to side.
| On a morning walk with just the girls |
Look at you holding onto your purse :)
You love undressing your babies and cooking in your kitchen. You make us all sorts of treats and you love tea parties. You tell me "more honey" or "more sugar" and go away for a few seconds then you come back for me to try again. I always send you back to the kitchen to add something to it :)
You have a soft raspy voice that you start to lose when you're sick. You sing the better part of the alphabet song on pitch only skipping H, I J, K letters and you are much better with colors but everything is always pink. You can count to 10 with a little help too. You sing all the time. I hear pieces of songs all day coming from you. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Rio song, ABC's, Wheels on the bus are some songs that you sing throughout the day. You pretty much chatter or sing all day long.
Your skin immediately darkens the moment sun touches it. I lather you in sunscreen but it doesn't stop tour skin from turning the color of caramel. You are a water baby and love swimming, splashing and dunking your head over and over. You run for our little pool in the backyard any time we're out there. You don't wait for proper attire either..whatever you're wearing is going to get wet once you set your eyes on the pool.
You're tantrums and fits still happen but less often. Seems like you're a little slower to anger and we're able to distract you better. You are so much better at church. Instead of getting so upset and throwing up on your caregiver you are now playing and happy when I pick you up. I am so proud of you!
You run, you jump, you sing and dance. You make us laugh all the time. No one can make Jonah laugh the way you do. You're a riot and all of us end up just watching you at the dinner table. Whether it's the way you've chosen to eat your meal, things you're saying or the way you're dancing to the music only you can hear you're hilarious to watch. You love to put things on your head and call it a hat. You and Jonah are the best of friends mostly. You kiss him goodnight and bring him is milk.
You love to have your nails painted pink but waiting for them to dry is challenging. The bottle says 60 seconds or less which seems like a short amount of time but I bet they weren't testing on a crazy little toddler who wants to touch everything she sees.
You drink a sippy of water at bedtime and sometimes ask for bedtime crackers and carry around as many blankets and stuffed animals that you can hold. Emma, Lulu and Oma Bear are your favorite bedtime pals and any Aden + Anais blanket.
You cling to a blankie all day long and take one with you wherever we go. You call it "bankie" and bury your little face down into it.
You take big, long drinks of your ice water and look at me and say "Deeeeeeee-licious!"
You peek around corners and through any cracks you see. You say in a weirdly eerie voice "I seeeee you" Creeper!
Oh Journey Kay. I could go on and on about you and things you do daily. You stay in trouble a good part of the day and sometimes have to put you in your crib if you're having a fit. I tell you you can come out when you're done and can behave. You cry for a couple minutes then I hear you playing. You can be such a little terror but then can turn it around in an instant and be our brown eyed angel who curls up her legs and tucks her arms in tight when we hold you.
You love your daddy and call him a good boy. You tell your babies "its ok baby" when you are holding and rocking them in your lap. You pet them on the head and cover them with blankets. I already see such a mothering side come out in you. It's definitely a girl thing.
You bring me my stray hairs that you find all over the house and say "mommy hair" while handing it to me. Then you say "you welcome mommy." You're happy to be held and loved on and kissed on but also like your space. You say complete sentences and I can have a conversation with you over the phone. you want to talk to whoever I am talking to on the phone and expect it to always be Mema. She's not the only person I talk to Journey! Geez. I do have other friends..like Harry over at Hank's Furniture. Boy did you get mad when I wouldn't let you talk to him.
You're the first one to the dinner table and last to leave most nights. We are so crazy about you baby. We can never stay mad at you for long. You've given us so much laughter and brought out the best parts in all of us. We love you for it. I can't help but beam with pride when I look at you. Happy 21 months sweet girl.
Love,
Mommy
xoxoxo
0 Comments:
Post a Comment