I got sad about it and talked to Justin who tried to think of something we could do. With little time and no plans in mind we realized that all we really needed was to get the heck out of the house for awhile. And with the weather in the 60s all weekend it was the perfect escape.
We left Friday night and went to Fun City
| We call this one 'Merica' We slid, ran, played tag and air hockey and spent all our tokens. The kids wore their matching panda sweatshirts to show a united front and never left each others side. |
They slept so good after our fun night.
On Saturday we lazed around for a good part of the morning then decided to get out to do something. We decided to go to the square to play at the park, ice skate and get some lunch. I got a few pictures of ice skating and a little video. Jonah went the first lap with the walker then ditched it and just held my hand the rest of the time. He even skated alone for awhile. So proud of him!
The thing that impressed me most was after I put the skates on them they stood right up. No wobbles, no falls. They just walked around like they owned the place.
Sister used the walker and only did a couple laps before requesting a break. She wasn't as into the cold ice as Jonah was.
Sunday we decided to go on a hike and found a great little area called Park Springs Park right in Bentonville. It has the cutest hiking trail perfect for little ones.
As soon as we got there they had eyes only for the leaves. It's adorable but kinda sad. We live in an area where my kids don't see a lot of leaves so it's not often they get to romp around and go nuts.
We hiked most of the trail and what we didn't cover was mostly for adults and skilled climbers. The kids found their hiking sticks immediately and Jonah was line leader and dog walker. He wore a lot of hats that day.
Journey Kay would only hold our hands when I threatened her. This kid. She thinks she's so big and would take off running down a death hill if I let her. She's fearless and I worry for her life on most days. I know God has enlisted multiple angels for this one.
Jonah fell off this rock a little before this picture. I was proud of him for trying again but you can tell by his face that he is uneasy.
We decided to be better parents the second time though and stay a little closer.
Her favorite part was putting the dirt and mulch on each tree stump. She said they were cakes and would sing Happy Birthday to each one, kiss it then have me blow out the candles.
And if these kids aren't the sweetest little set of hikers you ever saw I don't know what is.
It ended up being the best weekend and we didn't even need to leave home. Just goes to show you that you don't need big expensive trips to have a good time. All you really need to good weather and willing participants. There's no place like home.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment