This morning we were laying in bed getting ready to get up for the day and Jonah looks at me and Justin, grabs our hands (so we are all holding hands) and says "let's pray." His prayer went like this..
"Dear God, we love you soooo much. We know you are the great healer and the only one who can heal people when they are sick. Please God help my cough and make me better. We know you are the only one. Thank you God we love you. Amen"
I wanted to just cry. Not from being sad but from being so happy. A year ago when we started going to church I never realized the impact it would have on our kids. I see now that it was the best decision we ever made. My son knows God and if you ask him where God is he points to his heart.
I rarely know what I'm doing as a mom. I struggle daily with decisions wondering if I am doing this right. I question myself and go to bed at night thinking about how I'll do better tomorrow. When my kid tells me that "everything is going to be okay mom. God's got us. He loves us" I believe him. I know without a shadow of a doubt that the one thing I am doing right is teaching them about Jesus' love.
I may not know what I am doing most of the time and question every little thing but I know everything is going to be okay. Jesus is alive and "he's got us".
Happy Easter!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment