We started our day early and headed to Memorial Park to watch cousin Aspen play baseball. He was so cute out there and the best little player on his team. I'm not biased at all. Uncle Dion is a coach so it was fun seeing him out there too. Jonah kept talking about how he can't wait to be a baseball player. I can't either! I can't wait to be one of those moms...bringing snacks, sitting in my fold out chair right behind the catcher as close to fence that I can get. I'm seriously too excited about it. It was a little chilly so we snuggled the kids for awhile before they spotted a large dirt hole where other kids had assembled and were digging holes. Jonah completely surprised me. He just got up, said "I'm going to go play with those kids.." He walked over there all by himself, looked at them and I heard him say "Hi, I'm Jonah. Can I play with you?" The kids welcomed him and even gave him some diggers to play with. It didn't take Journey Kay long to join the boys in the dirt. I gave her my empty coffee cup and she played with it the rest of the time we were there.
After baseball, we headed to Fayetteville to Razorfest. It was the first day of football, just a practice Red and White game and they had a fun little event setup for fans. There were bounce houses, food, face painting and of course the band came out to call those Hogs. We were only there for about an hour but it was fun. Jonah was bummed out. He wanted to stay longer and bounce more but they began tearing down the bouncy houses at 12:45 and the event ended at 1. He didn't get to bounce as much as he wanted to so he was pretty pouty all the way back to the car.
We got home and put Mr Grump to bed and he woke up feeling better. Mema and Papa came over shortly after he woke and that made his day. It was a busy Saturday morning/afternoon and we spent most of it outside soaking up the warm sunshine. We spent the evening visiting with the family and closed out the night with a trip to Grubs where kids eat free! Great day, good eats and even better company.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment