We did it! It was cold but not too bad. The course was hillier than I thought so I had to walk the hills. Totally bummed about that but I still beat my time. Finished in 39 minutes. Not at all where I hope to be one day but I did it! My goal for the next one is 36 mins. One day I will get my 10 minute mile but I'm not there yet. I'm right at a 11:45 min mile but if I remember where I was when I started running 5 months ago (16 min mile) then I feel really good because I know I'm improving. Justin is super fast and finished in 26 mins and mom was right behind him at 33 mins. Dad finished strong at 47 minutes. It was so fun doing it together and look forward to more in the future.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
Fayetteville 5K
We did it! It was cold but not too bad. The course was hillier than I thought so I had to walk the hills. Totally bummed about that but I still beat my time. Finished in 39 minutes. Not at all where I hope to be one day but I did it! My goal for the next one is 36 mins. One day I will get my 10 minute mile but I'm not there yet. I'm right at a 11:45 min mile but if I remember where I was when I started running 5 months ago (16 min mile) then I feel really good because I know I'm improving. Justin is super fast and finished in 26 mins and mom was right behind him at 33 mins. Dad finished strong at 47 minutes. It was so fun doing it together and look forward to more in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
You did great, very proud of you! the first of many successes!
Post a Comment