Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pocahontas and Soaring Eagle

Every year their school has Thanksgiving Harvest parties. On this day, I had meetings for work scheduled and couldn't make it but Justin was able to go to both parties! 
First stop was to Journey Kay's class. They had a special turkey dinner which I don't think she ate much of. I appropriately put her hair in braids though, as a shout out to the woman of the hour, Pocahontas. 





Sweet baby got so excited to have her Daddy there that she couldn't eat and just wanted him to hold her. 
While she finished up, he went to go hang out with Jonah's class where they were all dressed as Indians. 
They all got proper Indian names.. Roaring Lion, Quiet Flower, Chatty Squirrel..Jonah got Soaring Eagle. When he told me that and told me his friends names I knew that they were picked based on characteristics of their personalities. How awesome is it that his teachers see him as a soaring eagle? Smart, rare, beautiful and going somewhere. I couldn't have picked a better name for him. I can't wait to see what they choose for our little miss when she gets to be in the 4 year old class! 







I am so very thankful this year. I am thankful for job flexibility which gives us the opportunity to be present at all their school functions and to chaperon fields trips. I am thankful for my children who bring me endless joy. I am thankful for my husband who never lets me fall asleep without a kiss and my family whom we get to share so many wonderful moments with and know that when we're together, we're going to be laughing. I am thankful for true friendships that keep me sane and remind me that I'm not alone. I am thankful for finally believing in myself and achieving goals I've set. And finally I am most thankful for my faith in Christ and know that he's working on me daily to make me the best person I can be. The best is yet!

0 Comments: