He spent a lot of time gathering all the animals he wanted in the picture and then posed and ask me to get the best shot. This was the one he picked. Notice the placement of the snake on hipppos head. Also take note of the lemurs, Moby and Lulu, in the middle. Not an accident. They are special. Each was placed on purpose. This little boy of mine is such a lover of animals. He lives in this land where he is an adventurer who saves endangered animals. When we pray at night I always give him a chance at the end to speak and say anything he wants and pray for whoever he wants. He always prays for the animals. The endangered ones. He worries about them and knows the dangers in losing the wildlife that certain habitats depend on. He understands it all. He reads animal encyclopedias, national geographics and any animal fact book he can get his hands on. He tells me funny animal jokes like "What's a snake's favorite school subject? Hisssstory!" He's full of jokes. We play "Animal or Not an Animal" in the car. I can barely stump him anymore. We spell animal names and talk about all the zoos we are going to visit and the pictures we will take. We are planning a big trip to the Little Rock Zoo in May after his "Congradulations" His "Graduation" from preschool is in May so to celebrate we're going to LR and will stay in Conway with Ota. It's all he can talk about and we still have a month to go!
He is a wonderful artist and draws and colors animals every day, cuts them out and glues them to construction paper. Sometimes he makes books featuring animals in a certain habitat or sometimes he just makes posters with animal facts. He draws me a picture every day and finds a place to hang it up in the house. Our walls are covered with my babies beautiful art. He likes to cut animals photos out of magazines too so you'll see a snow leopard has taken residence on the wall under our clock.
He made me a Welcome Spring Time poster the other day. He even drew our "Beastly Sunflower" that was in our garden a couple years ago.
This boy. I never knew in a million years how much you could love someone. This baby of mine amazes me every day. I am so proud of him. I am in awe of him and am loving this stage. We talk about everything. He asks me questions sometimes and I feel like I'm talking to someone who isn't 5 but maybe 25.
He barely eats. The list of foods that he will eat continues to get shorter. He is growing like a weed and suffers from growing pains in his legs every day. I think JK has the same problem. We rub them and let them soak in Epsom salt baths which help a little.
My growing, animal loving artist is the sweetest most sensitive little soul you will ever meet. He loves his blue blue and still thanks me for buying it when he was a baby. He even lets me wrap him up in it and rock him.
I am so thankful for this little boy. God gave us a little piece of heaven when he gave us Jonah.
"Straight from heaven from up above, a baby boy for you to love" - Dumbo ♥
♥Jessica
0 Comments:
Post a Comment