Monday, April 4, 2016

Hawaii or Bust

I got to go to Hawaii for work for a whole week. We signed a new client there and I was needed for on site training. It was nerve racking for me. I'd never traveled that far alone before and never been away from my kids that long. We all survived though thanks to Facetime and it definitely wouldn't have happened if I hadn't had the most wonderful man in the world at home holding down the fort. He took such good care of our babies I was worried they wouldn't even notice my absence. 
Much to my delight I was missed. I got sent videos and pictures and only cried one time the entire time I was away. 
I worked long 16 hour days sometimes but it made the time go by fast. Our client is a hotel located right on the water in beautiful Honolulu. I got to stay on site and enjoy all the amenities hotels offer. I  went to the gym, took a sauna and ran by the water a couple times. I even saw the set for Hawaii 5-O. They were shooting a plane crash scene and had an entire plane crashed on shore.
I took a walk downtown Honolulu once but mainly stayed in the office where I was needed. I made great relationships with all the employees there and pretty much kicked some major ass. They were very happy with me and I guess that's all that matters. I can't wait till I'm needed on site again! Next time, I'm bringing the fam. I can't stand to be away from my people for that long again. I took a lot of selfies this trip. Justin requested them daily. :)

The night before I left. Justin snuck this picture.
I switched from Uggs to flipflops in 8 hours..
On the plane to HI





I called Justin the moment I got into my hotel room. While on the phone with him I get a knock on my hotel door. I tell Justin to hold on just a sec and answer the door only to have this delivered with a card. I laughed so hard. A delirious, wonderful laugh only my husband could get out of me. Don't work too chard....it still gets me. He knows I love my wine.



















One of the very few pictures I took while actually working. I wish I'd gotten pictures of the people I worked with. They were so amazing. I miss them! 

My lunch one day. I still don't know what it was but it was awesome! 

So if anyone didn't already know that Justin and I were made for each other this is proof. I take a random walk, my only venture away from the hotel the entire week and encounter a  construction detour on my way to the one place Justin tells me to visit while I am in Hawaii and on my way I step on this..something written in the cement. J & J enclosed in a heart.
 I'm gonna give a big shout to my main man, God. Who knows me better than anyone and who obviously thought I needed to see this. Not only did it give me the courage I needed to jump a fence to get me out of said construction zone but it also made me realize how much I loved my J. He was home with our babies happily taking them on walks, sending me videos so I never missed a moment and stayed up late just so we could say goodnight on my lunch break. J & J forever. He is my forever.
Worth capturing. One of the few hot meals I ate while there. And the best I might add. Coconut shrimp and fries with sweet mango sauce. 


At the airport coming home!
Goodbye Hawaii! Aloha!


I walk in the door (after the kids tell me I HAVE to walk in first) and a bunch of balloons fell on my head and was greeted with posters, streamers, a cake shaped like a heart and flowers. I guess Justin and the kids jimmied up a contraption that would drop the balloons and practiced 20 times the night before. The kids kept walking in and testing it out. :) 
I think I was missed...just a little. 

    




The trip was a success. The family survived my absence and I can't tell you how good it felt to be reunited after a long week. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. Well my heart is about as fonder as it can get. I am so happy to be home with my sweet family!

♥Jessica

0 Comments: