Saturday, May 14, 2016

Northbound Square to Square









What an awesome day this way! We started around 8:25am from the WAC parking lot in Fayetteville and rode 32 miles all the way to the Bentonville square. We took the Greenway the entire route with only one casualty. Me. I was being stupid and had my music up too loud, entered the Fayetteville tunnel and swerved into the left lane (A BIG NO NO) only to hear Jake yell behind me too late. I swerved back into the right lane, over corrected and went down. Poor Jacob scraped up his left hand trying to avoid a crash. I scraped my knee and elbows but was ok other than that. It took a day before I realized the extent of my injuries though. I felt like a got run over by a truck and bruises started popping up. Anyways, I learned my lesson the hard way. Rest of the trip was amazing. The smell of honeysuckle as we rode the trails was almost heavenly. Being surrounded by my family and all of God's beauty made this Saturday just about the best ever. We celebrated with beers and lunch at  Pedalers Pub. A big THANK YOU to my Aunt Lori who volunteered to watch the babes while we all did this. They made forts, went to Mc D's for lunch and made memories to last a lifetime. She's the absolute best.
 We plan to do the Southbound Square to Square in September which is Bentonville to Fayetteville. So fun and just love NWA and all the wonderful trails they have been working on to make this possible.

♥Jessica

0 Comments: