Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Graduate




Singing "Grand Ole Flag"

Saying a prayer
The Chapel puppets, Mr Finnegan and Lucy, came to visit!





Things took a turn here. As his teachers each got up to talk about the kids they started crying. It made me cry and then I look up there at Jonah..and he's crying. He is so sensitive and totally understands that this was the end of something. He gets it and it hurts his heart. He is going to miss his teachers so much and this was hard for him. I wanted to run to him the moment I saw his lip start to quiver and his eye water but thankful Ms Tiffany was right behind him and grabbed him up to hug him. Ms. Sherri pulled him close during picture time and told him how much she loved him. He already has a date to go back when school starts to read to the kids. 












We celebrated with cupcakes and "that spicy drink" It's a mix of lemonade and cherry 7up and they aren't used to carbonated drinks so this is always a treat for them. They call it the spicy drink and can never finish a whole glass. 



After graduation we all went to Ruby Tuesdays to celebrate. Justin and I got him a special gift that he's been wanting. We're also taking him to the Little Rock zoo. He's been talking about this day for a long time and we are so proud of him. 


His very own Canon point and shoot! He was so excited and has been taking pictures of everything. 


Couldn't leave sister out! We got her some new shopkins!!! She is so excited here :)




It's hard watching your babies grow. This day was harder for me than I thought it would be. The whole ceremony was beautiful. The songs the kids sang with their tiny beautiful voices filled the whole room. The sweet words and poems read by the teachers and even the director started crying telling us how hard it is to watch them grow and leave when they have grown so attached. There really wasn't a dry eye in the whole church. These teachers truly love the kids. With all their hearts. I see it when they talk to my children, the way my kids respond to them. Journey Kay never leaves her classroom for the day without a hug from her teacher and then I always hear Ms Beth say "I love you sweet girl and I'm praying for you." Those are the words my baby hears from her teacher when I pick her up. Bless these women who spend their lives molding tiny humans. I love this school and love what my kids have learned coming here. They can school you on any bible story, tell you about Jesus and what he did for us and where he lives. In their hearts. There is nothing better than knowing when you made the right choice as a parent. I know without a doubt this was the best place for my baby boy to begin his education and we will miss Noah's Ark but we are so happy that JK has another 2 years here. Jonah finds comfort in that knowing he can go back to visit anytime. 
We are so proud of Jonah and excited for his future at Willowbrook. I pray over all the teachers there and know that once they meet my Jonah their hearts will never be the same either. He has that effect on people. I just hope his teacher is an animal lover because if not, he will for sure make her one by the end of his Kindergarten year. 
Congratulations to the sweetest, most sensitive little boy on graduating Preschool!! We love you Jones. You make us so proud!


0 Comments: