My dear precious baby Jojo,
I CANNOT believe you are ONE! Where did this year go? It flew so fast. You went from a tiny, bald 6 pound baby to a 21 pound walking, talking baby with an amazing head of hair in 12 short months.

And then we had a party!!!!

Your party was great. It was just our family and we celebrated you all day long. We sang and even had a dance party to Baby Shark at the end. I think that was your favorite part and sadly I didn't get any pictures. You love music and dancing and will bang your head or swing your arm from side to side when you hear a beat. We all think you're doing "the sprinkler" and it's your go to dance move. You love me most but probably cause I've got the goods and am with you 24/7. We are the best of friends and I cannot get enough of you. You are so soft and scrumptious. You smell like heaven and your hair is silky and so long. It stands straight up most days and I love it! It's very fine just like sissys so I am pretty positive you guys will have the exact same hair. I'm totally surprised by this because you take after me so much but I had curls and thickness.
You have that one dimple that gets you out of all the trouble and I love to kiss it. You're taking steps and starting to walk! I've been dreading it because I love the way you crawl. I hope I got enough video of you doing it because it's the best and it only lasts for a short while..
You're saying lots of words and seem to understand a lot of what we're saying to you. You're SOOOO SMART! You sign all done but we're working on signing more. That's a tough one for you. You are still nursing with no signs of weaning. You absolutely LOVE to nurse. You bite me on the shoulder when you want it and say mama over and over until I cave. We're on a pretty good schedule though and you're only nursing about 5 times a day. I nurse on demand though..always have. I never understood strict nursing schedules. It's never worked for me. I just nurse my babies when they want to. An empty breast is a milk making breast so empty away little one! I'll nurse you forever if you want to. Lol...seriously. :)
You adore your brother and sister and venture back to their rooms every chance you get. You love to sing on JKs karaoke machine and try to get on her bed to ravage her books. You love all the stuff in the cabinets and drawers and have shown us how desperately we need to child proof this house. You fall a lot now that you're trying to walk so much and I can't stand it. I just want to hover over you and hold your hand but I can't do it every minute so you do have your tumbles. Thankfully, it's never a hard one and you recover so fast. You're so strong and tough. I've seen you take a hard fall and hit your dead and get right back up like nothing happened. I think you take after your momma. I have a really high pain tolerance and I promise you girl..it comes in handy. If only I could shift some of that toughness to my mental state..LOL
You weigh 20.8 pounds and about 28 inches tall now. You wear size 9-12 and 12-18 month clothes and wear size 3 and 4 shoes. You are in size 3 diapers and we love the Pampers snugglers. They are so soft and smell so good. I can't even remember the last time you had a blow out. You by far have been the weakest in that department and that is a GREAT thing! I remember Jones and JK having blowouts all the time it seemed but you've only ever had a couple and that was early back in the newborn poop soup days. And we've always used Pampers so I guess you're just not a very forceful pooper..I don't know.
You eat really well. Just about anything I put in front of you. You LOVE pizza most and fruit. You will chew on a broccoli flower for 20 minutes while I make dinner and love peppers and peas. You also love green beans and corn, sweet potatoes, progresso chicken rotini soup and crackers, pancakes and EGGS! You love eggs...hmmm I wonder why?!?!? I only ate about 1500 eggs while I was pregnant with you. I swear I ate 3-4 eggs a day and a whole avocado. EVERY DAY. And we still do...I make scrambled eggs and toast for us about every other day and we sit and eat together while watching baby einstein or we listen to nursery rhymes. You love Pat a cake, itsy bitsy spider, if you're happy and you know it, baby shark (of course) and the wheels on the bus.
You love bath time and cuddling up in a big warm towel after. I always wrap you up tight and hold you against my chest after bath time and you snuggle in. So calm and at peace. We fit together very very well. I wear you everywhere still. You love to be in the carrier so I just strap you in and off we go. You'll sleep or play or eat and be happy as can be right on my chest. You look up at me and touch my face and smile. I could just die right there. I often find myself holding you and hugging you and just being so in love with you. I thank God for you each and every day. I pray over you and know God has big plans for you. You are a joy, my Jovi. An absolute gift from God. You radiate happiness and love and we all love you so much sweet girl. You are our sweetie pie baby and we will never get enough of you.
Happy First Birthday Jovi James. Have fun being One. We love you so much it's disgusting!
Love,
Momma





















































0 Comments:
Post a Comment