You are 27 months old and blowing us away! We are so proud of you!
- You love art! You are my little artist baby and I am sooooo loving this. This is our most favorite activity to do together. We will break out the paint or color together on your easel. You like for me to draw animals and then you color them in. You tell me what to draw by making the animal sound. We also like to play with play doh and cut out animals.
- You can recognize almost every letter of the alphabet. You are best with lowercase but know almost all uppercase letters too. "Q" always throws you off.
- You know most shapes and all numbers
- You pointed to your name on your bedroom wall and then touched your chest the other day..so you're basically reading! :)
- You recognize a lot of colors and like to color coordinate your blocks
- You can draw a line and a circle pretty good and use mostly your right hand to eat and draw. I do see you use your left some too but not as much as your right.
- We love to watch you eat yogurt. You have a specific way you do it. You dip your spoon in, slide it across the side of the container to get the excess off the bottom and then slowly bring the spoon to your mouth for the bite. Then you take the spoon and swipe it across your mouth to get the rest off and eat it too.
- You search through the app store on the ipad until you find the game you want and then bring it to me so I can put in my password. You're just a baby Jonah...c'mon seriously?
- You love to count! We count everything.. body parts, animals body parts, humps on the camels back, dishes in the sink, fruit snacks..
- You love to be read to and sit in our laps. This is when we can hold you and realize how little you really still are. Favorite books are "Giraffe's Can't Dance" and "Is Your Mama a Llama?" You take a bow with the giraffe at the end of the Giraffes Can't Dance.
- You love the Old MacDonald song and ask for it by saying "E-I-E-I"
- You can build lego towers that are as tall as you without help
- When eating fruit snacks (daily) you hold up each one and we tell you what animal it is. We really have no clue and make it up. You don't seem to notice or care..once you hear that it's a flamingo, you jam it into your mouth.
- Still sitting in highchair and sleeping in toddler bed. Journey needs these things buddy...but I can't bear to take them away. You say you're not ready for big boy things.
- You are passionate about gummy worms. You love them and get 2 each day after school.
- You've peed in the potty a few times, never pooped. You still tell us you want to wear a diaper and throw a fit when we put big boy underwear on you.
- You are really into movies lately. You were obsessed with winnie the pooh but have since moved on to Elmo's World, Barney (God help me!), Charlottes Web and Lady and the Tramp. We're going to get you The Jungle Book soon.
- You like to take off my shoes and put them on your feet. You always feel really strong when I let you take my boots off.
- You like to get a hairbrush and then go around and brush all your animals hair
- You started school and you love it there! You look forward to it each time and run into your teacher's arms. :) Ms Christian loves you!
- You still sleep with 3 animals (Jeffrey, Tater and Elliot) and about 4 blankets. You pile everything on top of yourself and then go to sleep. I go in at night and take blankets off your face so you can breathe better!
- You segregate your animals. You remember every instance that you got new animals so you keep them in packs. For example, you got 5 new zoo talkers for Christmas..they are still secluded from the other 15 you have. Ota and Oma got you 6 farm animals for Christmas..they are never allowed to graze with your other farm animals. If you notice in the picture below, they are not with the jungle animals but off to the side. You do this with all your new things. You don't let them mix and mingle and you never forget which animals go together.
All of these new things you've been doing and still....not talking much. You nod for yes and shake your head no. You express yourself with sounds...You use the words below mostly...according to the "experts" I shouldn't be able to list or count the words you can say.
no
baby (beebee)
mama
dadda
sissy
dog (daw)
bye
papa (said in a whisper only)
giraffe (jer-aww)
another (anaw)
the end (dee-en)
oh no
Tigger (grrr)
Tigger (grrr)
There may be a few others but those are the main ones you use daily. I love hearing your voice when you do talk and can't wait to engage in conversation with you. I know you have so much to say and I just can't wait until you decide you're ready to be heard because I am ready to listen!! You are so beautiful Jonah and so talented. You love to jump and ask me to sing "The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...." song over and over. You jump, bounce and giggle the entire time. You are creative, sensitive and absolutely brilliant. You are so much fun Jonah! I love you my baby boy!
Love,
Momma
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Love,
Momma
xoxoxoxoxoxox




1 Comments:
I love these posts :0)
Post a Comment