Thursday, February 28, 2013

6 Months!

Dear Journey,

I just laid you down for a nap. You are so soft and scrumptious. I am late posting this. You are actually 6 months, 5 days old.

Here's what else you've been up to...


  • Weight: Maybe 16 pounds? You have a checkup soon so we will find out. 
  • Length: not sure on this either but you are long! I'm guessing 27-28 inches
  • Teeth: 0
  • Clothes: You wear size 6 month clothes mostly, 3 mo onesies and some 9 month sleepers
  • Shoes: Size 1-2
  • Diapers: Size 2
  • You're sitting up so much better and moving down to pick up a toy, then back up in the sitting position. You love to sit like this and watch what's going on around you
  • You've tried green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, apples (baby food and apple slices), peaches, pears, watermelon, grapes (a fave) and vegetable mum mums. You also love peanut butter. You were doing good at the beginning, willing to try new things but last night you didn't want any part of it. You still prefer the boob over anything else and I am not pushing food on you at all. If you want it, I let you try it but don't force anything on you. We are so different with you than we were with Jonah. I was scared to death to let him try new things and with you, I'm like.."hey throw a steak on the grill and get the girl a fork!" 
  • You are beautiful and smile all day long. All we have to do is make eye contact to see your face light up.  
  • You love to type on my keyboard. It's pretty funny. I will be nursing you and working with 1 hand and then all of a sudden I see another tiny hand reaching out to tap on the keys. Dad opened a new word document and let you go to town. We were both very impressed that you used a few shortcut keys. 
  • You are extremely grabby. If I am holding you and anything else, you are not content unless whatever is in my other hand is in yours too. You lurch out of my arms if you see a cup of water so I always share and you will chug it. Wonder where you learned that skill??? 
  • You love Jonah's toys, especially his legos. I just put you on the floor with him and put some legos in front of you. Jonah gets a little agitated that you have become so mobile lately. He likes you to stay in one place and not move. He will take his blocks away from you and give you a pacifier. We are learning to share and he is doing better.
  • Jonah calls you baby. He doesn't say much but whenever you're around.. he is all about his "BeeBee"
  • You love to grab my hair on both sides and kiss on my face. You also love my necklaces and hold on to them while you nurse. I took them off the other day and forgot to put them back on and you just didn't even know what to hold on to without them, kept giving me a look like "where's my reins mama?"  
  • The biggest change lately has been that you are sleeping in your own bed, in "your room". We wheeled the pack n play into the office at night and you've been sleeping in there. It's been amazing baby. You enjoy the quiet room and Dad and I get to actually watch tv in bed at night now! 
  • We've been sleep training. Now I say "we" lightly because darling, "we" had nothing to do with it. You did it. All by yourself. It started a couple nights ago..I laid you down for bed around 8:30 and we heard you back here about 10:30...I told your dad it was way too early to feed you again so he suggested we just wait a few minutes and see if you put yourself back to sleep. You were fussing, not crying hard (I would've come to rescue you if you were) and 100 seconds later..you were asleep. So that was that..since then you've woken up about every other night around 11ish and done the same thing. It has never taken you longer than 120 seconds to go back to sleep and you've never cried hard. Last night you woke about the same time..I heard you on the monitor and I waited..counting in my head 95, 96, 97, 98 ... then it was silent. Then I heard you again but this time it sounded like you were playing! So I crept back to the office quietly and peered in and saw you with your head up looking around...I stayed where you couldn't see me. Then you scooted all the way down to the end of the crib, laid your head down and went to sleep. We are beyond proud of you Journey! 
  • You like to bite on your pacifiers, they are just toys to you. 
  • You are very ticklish on your belly and sides and we love to get you all the time. Your giggle makes me so happy.
  • You like to ride on Dad's shoulders until Jonie gets anxious for his turn.
  • You've had a runny nose on and off for about a month now. It's ridiculous. We all have. As soon as one of us gets better, the other gets sick and we keep giving it back to each other! I am soooo ready for Spring!! You hate having your nose wiped or pick at. 
  • You still love your toes and will pick them over your toys any day
  • I am going to pump again soon and offer you a bottle...dum dum dum. I don't know how it will go..a little late in the game for this but since you're drinking out of a sippy cup, I think you'll take to the bottle better. I am not banking on it going well and I really don't care..just curious to see how you'll react. 
  • You love going on walks. I still put you in the carrier and you just love it. You look around at everything and snuggle into me. We went on a walk last week and it was the first time you stayed awake the entire time! 
  • Whenever someone else is holding you, your eyes don't leave me. :) You will turn your head towards me or squirm until I am in view and then you lock eyes with mine. I tell you it's ok and you seem to relax a little. You don't mind being held by others as long as you can see me.
  • You sang with me this morning. I would hold out a note and then you would "sing" with me. It was adorable. Wish I had caught it on video! I am so bad at getting video of you and I am going to kick myself later for not capturing enough. I have pictures galore but very little of you in action.















This month has been really fun. You're learning and doing so many new things. You drool a lot but still haven't cut any teeth, thank god because you're new favorite thing is to teethe on me!! It's very painful and it tends to happen when I'm playing on my phone and not paying attention. When you finish eating, you like to hang around and "play". I am not a chew toy baby!! I get onto you when you do it and you laugh at me. It's a good thing I love you so much AND your evil ways!

Happy 6 months my baby girl! 
Love,
Mommy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

3 Comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe she is aleady 6 months old! So pretty!

Andrea said...

If anyone is going to change my mind about wanting kids again it's going to be you. I swear, every single one of your posts makes me feel so much joy in my heart. I love how much you love your kids. They are so lucky to have you as their mommy. I wish I could hug all of you right now!

Sandy said...

Jess
The kids are so adorable.