Friday, February 15, 2013

Sittin' Pretty



Journey has a new trick! She has been showing some interest in sitting up for a couple weeks now. We would put her in the sitting position and have to hold her there while she played. We obviously weren't doing this long enough or often enough so this little gal decided to master this skill on her own. It was literally about 3 days and bam, she was sitting unsupported for minutes at a time. I am still scared she will topple if I leave her unattended so boppy helps but she can totally do it by herself. I just don't trust her enough to leave her like that alone yet..even if it's just to slide a few feet away to take a picture. She has fallen a few times already and I can't bare to see it happen again.

This girl amazes me daily. She is so wiggly and just wants to go go go! She is very interested in food. I really wanted to hold off as long as possible but she is a persistent little thing. She already drinks out of my water glass (I'm talking gulps here!), she eats watermelon and grapes out of a fresh food feeder and she's sucked peanut butter off my finger. She gobbled down a vegetable rice rusk in about 2 minutes...the entire thing and wanted more.. Oh and yesterday...she got her very first pink/purple sippy cup for Valentine's Day. She just tipped it back and started drinking like she'd been doing it for years.

She is a only 5 1/2 months old! What is she trying to do to me?!?!?!?! I hold her in my arms and she is still so tiny, she reaches up and touches my face with so much tenderness and receives my love eagerly. She arches her back and head when she gets fiesty and hungry. She is very ticklish on her belly and under her arms and will squeal and giggle when I get her riled up. She totally understands being silly..I just didn't know a baby so young would understand that concept but she totally gets it.

I just adore this girl! She smiles almost every time we make eye contact and I could kiss her face all day long and find absolutely nothing wrong with it!

Happy Friday to you and Congratulations to my little sitter upper!

0 Comments: