Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Jonah Says

  • His full name "Jonah Patrick Linz" and spells his first and last name correctly.
  • If asked when his birthday is he says "November 3rd" and that he will be 3 but is 2 right now. He says he wants "bounce house" for his party and wants "cookies, ice cream and cupcakes" 
  • Mommy's name "mommy"
  • Daddy's name "Justin"
  • Journey's name "sissy"
  • Dakota's name (Deedee) 
  • If asked how's he doing he says "not very well" (thanks peppa pig) 
  • Asks for a "tissue and water" almost every morning when he gets in bed with us (usually around 3 am)
  • Calls waitresses at restaurants "my friends"
  • If asked who his best friend is he says "Colby" from school or sometimes "Owen" but never "Simon and Henry" 
  • He sings the alphabet, counts to 20, calls spiders "itsy spiders" and thinks "mommy daddys bed" is the best. 
  • Loves gymnastics but says "no bars" He doesn't like doing the bars but does them at home all the time. 
  • Calls himself "a good boy" and "a tall boy" and sometimes "a hungry boy"
  • Locks the door every time he gets in the car so I have to unlock it and time it just right so I can open his door before he locks it again. Once I open the door he says "stinker" :)
  • Wants "orange juice and doodle muffins" for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Whenever he's annoyed with his sister he says "sissy nap" (nice try buddy)
  • He calls his blankets "blue blue and brown brown" and asks me to "hold hold" him. 
  • He always asks for "one milk" before bed and is almost never quiet during prayer. He asks for "4 books, 1 Umi story and 3 songs" before bed time and wants to "cuddle mommy" 
  • When getting into his car seat he says "me do it" and buckles his seat all by himself. 
  • He always says his shoes are "too tight" and they never are. If asked if he wants to wear his cool shoes he says "no cool shoes" 
  • Says "no no sissy" about 100 times a day
  • Asks for "nurse rhymes" every time we get into the car. It's a cd with 12 extremely short nursery rhyme songs. In a 20 minute span we can hear it almost 3 times....
  • Associates ice cream with Mc Donalds so whenever he sees the golden arches he yells "ice cream mmm yummy food" 
  • When asked what he wants for dinner his usual response is "no dinner" or "a-noni" (macaroni) 
  • I once said "c,mon jonah, eat some chicken. some chickie chickie boom boom" he promptly said "no chickie boom boom" 
  • Says " oh, ok mommy" if he senses I'm getting irritated. His dad taught him this and it's hard to stay mad when he's so agreeable. 
  • Prefers his snacks and bites in groups of 10. When finished he asks for "10 more"
  • Asks for a "juice box and nola bar" after school almost every time. 
  • Whenever we go outside he says "it's a hot day" even when it's not.
  • Whenever he's going pee pee he says "big pee pee bubbles, small pee pee bubbles"  unless there are no bubbles then he says "no pee pee bubbles"
  • Recognizes our street and says "home mommy" when we're still about 4 blocks away. says "bigggg house" when we pass a house that's being built. 
  • Says "hi-ya mema hi-ya papa" about 20 times when my parents arrive.
  • He says "oh yeah mommy" if I've done something really cool like put on his favorite show or given him a monkey yogurt. 
  • Calls eagles "bald eagles" and seagulls "sea eagles" Makes sense to me. 
  • If I say I love you Jonah I hear "I you mommy" every time ♥♥♥





 Always very proud of his animal creations and the places he finds to put them.



Well...everyone said just wait. When he talks, he won't stop. I never believed them. I should have. Jonah never stops talking. He has constant dialogue going on, usually with himself. Although it is hard to understand at times and we still have a lot of work to do, he has progressed so much in past couple months. He repeats really annoying things like "mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy" and always has something to say as soon as Justin and I engage in any conversation. He's learning to wait his turn and say excuse me when adults are talking. He's also learning that his requests are not met immediately and that asking louder and repeatedly does not get them met any faster. He hears "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" a lot. He knows what that means. Mommy don't play. He is learning how to clean up and do chores for "coins" as he calls them. He get coins for doing his chores and picking up around the house. He's actually really good at cleaning and always puts things in the right (mommy approved) spot. I think some of my OCD has rubbed off on him. He keeps his coins in his big red pencil and says he's going to the store of a "new an-mal" when he gets enough. I am so extremely proud of this little boy who just a few short months ago only had a handful of words and now I can't event count. He sings on pitch, possesses some pretty serious dance moves and has stolen my heart.


He is my favorite little guy in the whole world.

0 Comments: