Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Journey is 15 Months.

Dear Journey Kay,

You are 15 months old! That sounds so big but you are still so little so I can deal with the number.

This post may be 10 days late but this picture was taken on your 15 month birthday. You love getting dressed up.

JK 15 Month Stats:

Weight: Maybe 22 lbs? We find out soon at dr
Height: 32-33 inches
Teeth: 12! You got 4 in a months time. Poor baby..you've been handling it pretty well considering.
Diapers: Size 3
Clothes: 12-18 months fit best
Shoes: Size 4-5

You are into everything! You love to take things out of containers and then put them back in. You do this to cabinets, drawers, trash cans...You make a mess so fast. Just when I've cleaned up one area you're off destroying something else. You love magnets and playing with them on the refrigerator. You love to be chased by your brother. We have a pretty good setup where you can run through the living room, kitchen and dining all in one big circle so you guys do this a lot. It only takes about 15 seconds to make the full loop but you guys do it over and over. Dad likes to chase you guys too and me! You run like a little girl with your arms flailing at your sides and your booty sticking out.
You're not sleeping great. It's hit and miss this month. You're usually a solid sleeper but lately like to wake up around 3- 4am. Dad or I will go in and hold you and make sure there's nothing wrong and then will usually rock you back to sleep but the second we lay you down you pop up like you were only pretending to be asleep the whole time. I put you back in bed anyways and lay down next to your crib. You're content as long as I'm close. You sometimes go back to sleep but sometimes for a real treat you stay awake for a couple hours, crying on and off, wrestling your blankets and asking for Daddy over and over. You usually get tired of these shenanigans around 6am, just before the rest of the house wakes then sleep in till almost 9am. What a life. We rarely let you cry because we are completely whipped so it's been a struggle. You don't do this every night which we appreciate but wish you'd go back to your old sleeping habits. We got spoiled!
I think it's just a phase. You've gotten 4 new teeth this month. You're constantly drooling and have a runny nose. We've all been sick too so I know thats had a lot to do with it.
You talk all the time! If you see a dog you yell "puppy" over and over. You've also grown attached to a little reindeer and call it a puppy. I told you it was a reindeer but you insisted it was a puppy. You can say pretty much anything we ask you to and you understand everything. You put your trash in the trashcan if we ask you to and go retrieve something if we ask. You love your Emma the elephant and ask for her if you get tired or upset. Emma makes you feel better and blankie. You are just like your brother but will take any of your 4 blankets unlike Jonah who was very particular about his. He has "blue blue" and you have started calling your blankets "blue blue" too! It's so funny! You just do whatever your big brother is doing.
You ask for your daddy countless times a day. He is always preferred. Before bedtime, I tell you to go tell your daddy goodnight so every night you run to him and give him kisses and hugs then wave and say "night night" It is so sweet.
You've been known to throw a good fit when you don't get your way. You arch your back and do everything you can to squirm out of my arms so I end up easing you to the floor so you can have at it. It doesn't last long because we ignore you and when you realize no one cares you stop. It sounds harsh but it really does seem to be over quicker when we don't acknowledge it. Your dad had fits (worse than yours and Jonahs...put together) and they lasted till he was 5. Jonahs were never physical fits..they were vocal and loud! Yours are more physical with the flailing and arching of your back. You scream too though which is an added bonus. But like I said they don't last long when I walk away from you and then the smile returns. You rebound quickly!
You still adore shoes and love to pick them out. You love to wear my shoes and always pick the ones with a heel. I own 2 pairs of heeled shoes, both with only about an inch heel. I can't bare more than that. Out of all my shoes you pick those and walk better in them then I do. It's these moments I wonder whose child you really are.
You love to assist Jonah in the bathroom. He usually announces to anyone within a shouting distant when he has to go potty so once you hear it, you run to the bathroom after him yelling "pee pee!!!" then try to help him lift the seat. If he needs TP, you're on that too usually only offering him half a square. We appreciate your help Journey but I think we got it!
You love to run naked after your bath. You and Jonah both enjoy this. I don't know where the energy comes from. You are always so fast when you're naked and the belly pops out. You are all belly and butt! You are completely tiny but after a meal that belly is all you can see when you look down. And you really love to stick it out and show it off. We just love that tiny round belly of yours.

Your eating has taken a hit. You used to eat anything we put in front of you but you've been turning things down you usually wouldn't. I'm blaming the teeth again. You love fruit. Cantaloupe, honey dew melon, strawberries and bananas are your favorites. You also still love avocados and call them "caw-dos"

You love to listen to me sing the ABC's and at the very end of and next time won't you sing with you always yell "ME!" I let you finish that part. You're also counting. If I say 1, you say 2 then I say 3 and you say 4, etc. I've never heard you say 1-5 on your own but you say the next number. When I say, Ready, Set, you yell "GO!" You like to contribute anything you can. :) You ask for "E-I-E-I" and I start singing Old MacDonald for you but when I get and on that farm he had a ... You always yell "COW!" You love that part and it's the only animal Old MacDonald ever has on his farm. You have a thing for cows and moo all the time.
I guess all this early talking isn't abnormal but it's new to us! Jonah really didn't have any words until he was 2 1/2 so when my 15 month old asks for "juice and breakfast" in the morning, it still throws me a little. I can only imagine the [conversations] we'll be having in a year.

We're still nursing. We'll cross that bridge another day..moving on..

Every night before bedtime we go into Jonahs room. All 5 of us. You each pick a couple books and sit in our laps to listen. You always pick the same ones, usually musical books that you get to push buttons on. Once the music starts you get up and start dancing or running in circles around us yelling "hap-py hap-py hap-py" over and over. You are such a happy girl. So hilarious. You love to lay down in Jonahs closet. You say "bye bye" and close the door then lay down under his clothes on your belly. You usually go in there to take one more poop before bedtime.

You love to dance in Jonah's room too. It has a big space for you two to run and you just love to show off your moves. Dad and I sit back and watch you. Well I should say Dad sits back and gleams. You do a whole number where you twirl, lift up one leg, throw your hands in the air, roll on the floor and then back up to twirling. It's beautiful. Your dad is so proud. He told me that it was uncommon for such a little girl to possess the qualities of an experienced contemporary dancer. We may be a teeny bit bias but you definitely have some moves and as soon as you're big enough we want to get you into ballet.

You prefer to do the dishes in the nude

A usual occurrence in our house... 

Even after I put you in your Razorback cheerleading outfit for luck..Hogs still lost. :( 

Granny came to visit! I love the look on your face here. :) Reminds me of your Dad.

You love these shoes and we have lots of Christmas outfits to wear them with!!

Shopping at SAMs.  Love 2 seater buggies!!



Eating mommy's homemade chocolate chip cookies makes you happy. Eating in general makes you happy. :)
Again with the naked dish duty..except this time you wore shoes
My sleeping beauty.

Snack time with Emma and blankie. 

This month has been so much fun. Your talking has increased and we just love hearing what you have to say. You are so funny and we are constantly laughing at the things you do. You are such a happy little girl, most of the time. Your fits happen dailly but they are quick and mostly painless. Your hair is growing but you still won't let me do anything with it. You barely keep a bow on anymore. What are you doing to me girl?!?!? You kiss me and hug me and lay your little head on my shoulder when you get sleepy. You are so little and we still use the boppy pillow to nurse. You fit on it perfectly.  We may get more serious about this nursing thing someday but not today. And probably not tomorrow or the day after..but someday for sure. 
You love to play and are so independent and smart. We are having a blast with you Journey Kay. You and your brother make me so very happy. I am so proud of you baby and all the things you're doing and learning. I love you doll. Happy 15 Months!

Love,
Mommy
xoxo




2 Comments:

Jennifer said...

She looks just like Jonah with that hat on!!!! She is beautiful!

Mom said...

Doing dishes naked...okay I thought I was the only one who did this! Lol Journey Kay, you are just well....the most adorable little angel...your mommy is having so much fun loving you as well as Daddy and brother and all your family! Happy 15 mo. To our precious grand baby girl xxxxx