Sunday, February 23, 2014

Journey is One.And.A.Half.Years.Old!



  • You weigh about 23-24 pounds now and still wearing size 3 diapers. They still fit you good so we're sticking there for awhile longer. You wear size 5-6 shoes and 12-18 months clothes but moving quickly into all 18-24 months, especially in pants. You're a tall girl! 
  • You have anywhere from 12-16 teeth. i am so bad at this and keeping track. You had 12 a few months ago but you've been teething bad, always have your fingers in your mouth so you may have popped out those molars. 
  • You crack up every time pizza is mentioned. It's because of a video I took of you months ago asking you if you wanted pizza. One of my faves. It's become a thing and now every time pizza is mentioned you laugh and do this weird breathe-in noise. I tell you,  I have no idea where you come up with stuff like this.
  • You love to put stuff on your head and call it a hat..your food, mr. potato head pieces, a lip shaped whistle. 
  • You are getting into animals a lot. You really love dinosaurs and can name every farm animal and make their sounds. 
  • You love your brother to bits and often give him hugs and kisses. You're about to get upgraded to a big girl car seat. You are still in your newborn seat but you are just too tall now. We got use out of that baby for sure! But you are in the middle of the back seat rear facing so you and Jonah can see each other face to face. You have been kicking him in the face, handing him your shoes, sticking your toe in his ear and holding hands with your him for 18 months..the new car seat will put you forward facing and about 18 inches away. I know you guys will miss the closeness but I'm sure you'll appreciate the leg room.
  • You say please and thank you without being reminded most of the time.
  • You aren't very good with colors yet and I just realized this the other day so we are working on them all the time now. You're also working with puzzles a lot more and very good at them. You count with me and can tell me what number comes next but not consistent. 
  • You love to paint and play with play doh. We do this stuff on weekends a lot when Dad is able to help because when painting you enjoy being the canvas so it's always nice to have a few extra hands with this activity. 
  • You ask me to sing you songs. you say "songs" so I ask you which one you want to hear. I go through a few before you say "YES!" And then I start singing "The Ants Go Marching..." You really like that one and any song with your name in it. 
  • You gather your purse, blanket and usually Emma or Woody and say "I go shopping with Mema" I think you've seen me to do this a few times. :) Mema is always your shopping buddy. 
  • You really love telling me you're going bye bye. you walk to any door, reach up on your tippy toes to grab the door handle and either tell me you're going shopping or just "bye bye" then you pull the door closed behind you only to come back seconds later. You are the quickest little shopper. 
  • You love your babies and call all of your stuffed animals and woody and jessie and buzz your babies. You wrap them in blankets and carry them around like a little mommy or you take them on walks in your stroller. 
  • You love cars and zooming them all over the floor. You also love your klip klop princess toy and sending the princesses down on their horses. 
  • You like to pant like a dog and bark at me. We end up barking and acting like dogs for a good part of the day.  
  • When it's snack time and we're upstairs you will run and find your favorite dump truck or little purple sports car for me to fill. You don't like bowls and prefer all snacks be put into the seat of your cars. 
  • Instead of walking or running, you're usually galloping or hopping. You and Jonah both love to hop and do it with so much enthusiasm it always makes me laugh. 
  • You love to sit in small boxes or bins and bring just about every toy, stuffed animal and blanket you can find and squeeze them in there with you. You pick the strangest places. I have to rescue you a lot because of a crazy idea gone awry. 
  • Stickers are the ultimate to you. A few stickers can keep you busy an entire grocery shop trip. You decorate my shirt while I push the cart and I later find stickers I didn't know were even there. A lady pulled a hello kitty sticker off my butt at Walmart! You stinker!!!
  • You tell me to "go away" with the biggest grin on your face then say "get me!!!" because I always get you for saying things like that. 
  • Child proof cabinet locks don't phase you anymore. You figured it out and now can't be stopped. Help us all!
  • You ask for milk all the time but never drink it. You say "no, wah wah" when I hand you milk. This happens every time but you always like me to offer milk first. Water is your most favorite.
  • You can take down a banana so fast. I turn around and its gone and I wonder if I even gave you one at all. The peel is the only evidence I have. 
  • You will sit still long enough for me to fix your hair into pig tails but only if you get to play with the hundreds of tiny elastic bands I keep in a zip lock baggie. 
  • Behind my jeans that are hanging in the closet is your go to hiding spot. It's where you run when you hear someone counting, where you hide when we're all running late and trying to get out the door and sometimes it's where you go to pop a squat and poop. At least it's close to the bathroom!
  • Books are one of your favorite activities. Jonah too. We read a lot of books and you will sit and listen. Your favorites are Ladybug Girl Plays and then 2 little baby books we got from well check up appts. You love them so much. Called Baby Feels and Baby Moves. You also love this really long Caillou book. I can't believe you sit through it but you sit there and listen until it's over. I don't even paraphrase anymore. It's the only long book you'll sit through. You usually let me get to page 2 then say "all done" and close it and go get another. 
  • We're not nursing anymore. First monthly post I can say that..and hey, I did it without tearing up. Things are getting easier in that department for the both of us and I am so thankful for that. You are doing just fine and I love cuddling and rocking you to sleep. It's still such a special time.
There are so many funny things you are doing lately. Each day is an adventure with you guys. I love to listen to you and Jonah talk to each other. It's usually fighting but sometimes it's not. Jonie says "thank you sissy" when you bring him snacks or his drink and then you tell him "dank you" back. He is usually the first person you want to see when you wake up and his toys are always better than yours. 


She loves Lulu, her ballerina hippo.





Jonah was at school this day so we dressed up and went grocery shopping and stopped at a park on the way home. You loved this! 

                     You and Jonah have been sick so you've spent a lot of time cuddling in our bed

                        Playing before nap time. you love to crawl in bed with Jonah and pretend to sleep.

                        Feeding yourself some yogurt. You did so good but got a little on your face.

                                                                 One of your favorite places to sit



You can do a forward roll! You were watching Jonah and just got up and did it. Just like that. You're so cool like that..there are often times when you are doing something you've never done or experienced and just handle it like a boss. I don't know why I worry so much about you. I really should be more worried about the people that encounter you in your future like someone that tells you that you can't do something, a stupid boyfriend or someone who is on the opposing team. You are a no BS kind of gal, determined, quick and witty. You are just like your dad that way. I have a strong intuition you will continue to do well in all things you do and not think anything of it because it just comes naturally.
You are a spit fire with a quick temper and a tiny tornado that can demolish a nice clean room in minutes. You are too beautiful for words and give me cheeky looks that makes me think you know something I don't. You sure do keep us on our toes and laughing. We just adore you little one. Happy 18 months Journey Kay. 

Love,
Mommy
xoxox

1 Comments:

Mom said...

I'm a little late looking at this sweet blog...Journey Kay is such a sweet tuff little sister, oh my goodness...she is so adorable with those beautiful brown eyes and angelic smile! Jonah has a friend for life...we are so very Blessed with these little ones and love being part of their lives,