Monday, August 11, 2014

August is our crazy month

So many wonderful things happened to us in this month. I'ts one of my favorites. We haven't been home much the past few weeks. We're either away with family, friends or off doing something fun with the kids. I seem to have abandoned my nice camera and only have fuzzy phone pictures to show. We've only seen 11 days of this month and already Justin has turned a year older, we've been married a year longer and I spent a great weekend away in Kansas City with some girlfriends celebrating one their last few days of being single. She gets married in a few weeks and then our baby girl turns 2 on the 23rd of this month as well! Big, crazy, fun, expensive month for us. That's the bad part. We also went to Vegas a few weeks ago and still recovering from that. I compiled a few pictures from our adventures over these past few weeks since I can't seem to find the time to do it properly.   


I told him to give me a sweet smile and then this happened. Sometimes I want to eat him.
Deedee Mcsqueezie - prettiest puppy in all the land

A few from Vegas..a 3 night stay at Planet Hollywood - kid free! We had entirely way too much fun on this trip but it was so good to get home to our babes.


On the plane. Fayetteville to Vegas non stop..we arrived 10pm Vegas time..we would've seen the sun come up had we been outside on this night :)

All of these amazing people were at that the airport ready to surprise Justin at the bar. He had no clue they were coming..Jake was there too but took the picture. Best secret I ever kept :)







Beer pong at a restaurant on the strip..just right in the middle of a restaurant! The guys were in heaven.

This picture was strictly for the kids...I promise. 


Up 500 feet in the air on the Link. It overlooks all of vegas. It's like a huge carousal. You step inside this bubble with about 30 other people and it closes and it takes you around like a carousal would.


Dinner at STK Steakhouse at the Cosmopolitan. We saw Cuba Gooding Jr.! He was about 8 feet from us buying the table next to us shots. They were a group of girls there at a bachelorette party. 
...

Mema and Papa took the kids to the lake while we were away. And Chuck E Cheese and the park among many other activites. They are both still talking about it. They sure know how to spoil their grandbabies!








 

Justin's 33rd birthday cake. Jonah helped me make it and got to eat some leftover icing.  We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and to the Aquatic Center for his birthday. His choice. :) 


And a few crazy ones from my past weekend in KC with the girls 

Me and Ashley! We giggled all night.

All of us girls holding Lauren! We had such a good time.

The beautiful bachelorette :) She was a good sport and we love her. 






I got home last night and got to snuggle and bathe these sweet babies. They missed me..we've been gone a lot so we have a few days of much needed down time and then we have sissy's party, Jonah's dentist appt, kids start school (Jonah starts preschool 3 days a week and sis starts MDO one day a week!) and then our last big event of the month, Seth and Lauren's wedding. Before I know it, it will be Fall. This summer went by incredibly fast and I can't believe they are starting school in just a few days. My Journey Kay...in school. It's too much to handle right now and I feel so unprepared. She's ready though and puts on her backpack and says "I go to school with my friends" It's probably best we are so busy so I have little time to dwell on the fact that my kids are growing. Jonah's thrown up four times today and it's not even noon so I am snuggling him today. He seems fine when he's not puking so think it's just a stomach bug. Let's hope because we have lots of fun things planned for these two cuties.

0 Comments: