Thursday, August 21, 2014

Jonah and The Dentist

"I'm going to be a reeeealllly good boy Mommy so I can get 3 animals from Tracker Supply when we're done." Jonah tells me this all the way to his very first dentist appointment. I promise him that I am not going to leave his side and he keeps asking me if he is going to be able to spit in the sink like Peppa Pig did in that one episode.

Totally fake smile. I made him.



A little nervous but he sat so still




He got to wear really cool sunglasses while she cleaned, flossed and counted his teeth. Doctor said he had great, healthy teeth with no cavities and that he was a very good looking, well behaved boy. It's always so nice to hear this. He does have an "over jet" which is basically an overbite. We plan to correct it with a mouth guard he'll wear nightly when he turns 5 or 6. They say this will prevent him from ever needing braces. 


Jonah did great! The entire time. He made me so proud and acted like such a big boy. We drove right over to Tracker Supply and he picked out his animals. The lady there even gave him a schleich animal book so he can look up new animals they don't carry in the store. She really meant well but now he's making a list of all the new animals he wants for birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Because he thinks he needs more animals and that he should be getting presents on Thanksgiving too. He is obsessed. I told him as long as he stays as cute and sweet and little as he is now and never ever gets a cavity I will get him every animal he wants. He said "it's a deal." So now we have to think of a way to keep him from growing and out of the candy jar....

2 Comments:

Mom said...

He looks older than 3 or almost 4 now...he is such a sweet little guy and a great little big brother and so brave at that place where they use drills in your mouth! he can't read this for awhile anyway but will someday learn about Mema and the "dentist"!!!!!! The baby's teeth are perfect anyway...he even flosses now! He will never have a cavity coz he wants animals...lots of animals! Xxxx

Dad said...

Love your blogs, get excited when I get notification