Sunday, July 12, 2015

Jonah's Happy Place



















This little guy was the only one sitting away from the group so we got to get up close and personal. He was so soft! I had no idea how soft they were. I wanted to take him home with us.





They got to take a camel ride on Sadie. They are just so big now...they don't need us to even go with them.



This chimp was so funny. He had a little trick and I walked right into it. He was sitting up high in his cage and then he slapped his chest, pounded the shelf he was sitting on and then leaped off to the floor and spit water out at me! It scared the crap out of me. Good thing the cage was there cause that dude would've taken me out. The group of people that were standing there didn't warn me beforehand and later told us that he did that earlier too and they were hoping he'd do it again..guess he saw me and decided I was a good target.




After we walked the area we got in the car for the drive thru portion.. kids love this part because we let them sit up front with us






Sleeping babies.. so squishy and huggable. We were able to transfer them right into their beds for a Sunday afternoon snooze.




Jonah just loves this place. When he is around animals he is in his element and talks about them and all their characteristics. He has told us for about a year now that he wants to be a veterinarian and a zoo keeper. He wants to work at a zoo but also be a doctor so he can care for the animals when needed. His love and passion for these creatures amazes me. We keep thinking he will get into something else but his passion only grows stronger as the days go by. We continue to encourage it and buy him animal fact books. I bet he's one of a few 4 year old who knows the difference between a fennec and red fox or the color markings on a mandrill. When we're not learning about animals we are acting like animals. One of his favorite shows is Wild Kratts which is a set of brothers who can insert animal discs into their suits to get "creature power" and they turn into that animal. So I play Aviva who programs the discs and he plays Martin Kratt. Journey is Chris Kratt and Justin plays the evil Donita Donata who tries to capture the animals to make jewelry out of them. Never a dull moment around here but I love it and love my sweet boy.

0 Comments: