Sunday, July 5, 2015

Let Freedom Ring

We had Friday off to do with as we pleased so each of us grabbed a kid and took off in different directions. Justin's been itching to get Jonah on the golf course so they went golfing across the street from us. I took sissy for her first manicure. :)














Later that evening we roasted marshmallows on our new fire pit! So fun!!!



Journey LOVES marshmallows :)





 The next day was Saturday, July 4th so Uncle Jake came over and we went swimming at the pool then had a fun BBQ.






JK painted while Jonah played on the computer. He's almost leveled up on abcmouse. So smart!


Uncle Josh came over and we were watching a movie on the couch. Justin went to take a little nap so it got pretty quiet. Jonah was busy on the computer and I guess I figured Journey had crawled into bed with Justin...I go to check on her and find her like this. 


She was eating a little cup cake and passed out hard .



Poor baby. It was a big day and I was happy she was getting a nap because fireworks start so late. 
I had to get a couple pics before I picked her up and put her into bed. 


Next, we were off to Ballpark Arena in Springdale to watch a little baseball game and fireworks show.










Journey was fine as long as she was in her Daddy's arms and had her Happy puppy and blanket. Jonah stayed close to me with one ear pressed up against my side and the my hand securely covering the other. He stayed like this till the end but told me he loved them but they were too loud.






What a way to celebrate Independence Day! Jonah was so bummed we would have to wait another year to do it again. He's starting to get the concept of time so he knows that's a long way away. It sure was great though being with this little family of mine watching their eyes light up. Holidays are so much better with little ones by your side. We are so proud to be Americans where "we can drink as much milk as we want cause it's freedom!" Best words all weekend said by my 4 year old. He knows what's important. Happy 4th!

1 Comments:

Lori said...

Precious girl date and boy date! Journey did so good..little sweetheart then she picked it off Lol and sweet Jonah, our little, soon to be "golf pro"😉enjoyed all the pics of cotton candy and fireworks, Jonah will probably get over the loud boom, Joshua never liked the boom either when he was little but as he got older it didn't bother him. Precious Xx