We had VBS this week. Justin and I were asked if we could help out so we reluctantly said yes and it ended up being really fun. I was on the crafts team and Justin got put on the games team. Jonah was old enough to participate so he was on the Red team and Journey Kay was with the 2-3 year olds on the Purple team. I only got a few pictures but had the best time talking with the kids. Made me miss working at the Boys and Girls Club where I got to hang out with 5-10 year olds on a daily basis.
Jonah's team was the last team on the crafts rotation so by the time he came to our table he was hot and sweaty and tired. He would be so happy to see me there and I talked with him beforehand letting him know that I had to help the other kids too so he was very good about that and did his own thing while I did mine. I snuck in a few hugs though and he loved that.
The VBS 2015 Crafts team. I made some new, sweet friends. The lady I am hugging up on reminds me so much of my Aunt Linda. She lives alone with her daughter and they have a dog that they both adore..even their smiles were similar. I really loved talking with her.
I didn't get much of Journey because she wasn't in the crafts rotation. She was with the little ones in another part of the building. We just love our church and so blessed to have somewhere to go to worship and a place for our children to go to and be around people who adore them. When we go to pick up the kids from their Sunday school classrooms, they are bursting with smiles and telling us all about the lesson they learned and showing us the crafts they made. They look forward to Sundays and know we've found the place where we belong.
We would end each night with songs and dancing. Jonah really got into it..
0 Comments:
Post a Comment