The kids were in heaven at the indoor water park we stayed at (Grand Country Inn) and Jonah was so big and got to ride so many rides at SDC. We went two days in a row. He was big enough to ride Thunderation!!! And I let him! I rode with him and wrapped my arms around his entire body because the safety bar was about 4 inches from his waist. I know...why in the world did I let him ride? I'm crazy I guess and I knew that my mad "mother arm" hold was safer than any bar. That and I freakin' love roller coasters so he suggested we go and I jumped on it. So we rode and it was fast and jerky just like I remembered. Jonah clung to me the whole time and told me sternly as we were exiting the ride "I never want to do that again." Maybe a little too much for my baby but I'm so glad he tried.
My parents took the kids to play and Justin and I got to ride some adult rides too. We rode Outlaw Run which was so awesome I almost peed my pants. I haven't screamed so much since I was a kid. It was amazing. Then we rode the Giant Barn Swing. Again, screamed like a girl the entire time. Justin even got to experience my mother arm skills. He was impressed.
The kids did so much better than I expected. They always surprise me with their awesomeness. I did get a few pictures of our trip but not much. I've been terrible at taking pictures lately. The kids run and hide anytime they see it so I've put it away for awhile giving myself and the kids a break. I got a few though.
| Sis and I rode the carousel 5 times in a row. She said she wanted to take it home. |
This was the outdoor area of the water park. I didn't get any pics inside because it was so wet in there. Water spraying everywhere so we left the camera in the bag. That place was awesome though. There was a lazy river inside, a huge bucket that dumped out every 8 minutes, a huge toddler area where sis could run and splash and play, a jungle gym with all sorts of squirters and then our favorite part..the jacuzzis. JK got cold in the lazy river and decided we needed to get out after her lips started turning purple. Poor baby..she didn't want to leave but was shivering so we bailed and went over to the "hot pools" as she called it. I lowered her slowly into the warm water and she immediately turned into a lump. A huge smile spread across her face and she completely relaxed in my arms. She just laid back in my arms and that's where we stayed for the next half hour. Jacuzzi's are our happy place.
| Waiting in line for Outlaw Run |
the Elephant march. Jonah's favorite ride. He rode probably 8 times in 2 days.
Happy Frogs! Journey's favorite ride
They were so tired at the end of each day and never made it through the parking lot awake. We had a really great time and want to plan another trip to Branson soon.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment