Sunday, August 23, 2015

Journey Kay is THREE


It wasn't until a few days ago that she willingly said she was 3. I'm writing this post late. My sweet girl is 3 and I can't believe it. She's so big. She likes to do everything herself and throws a fit if you don't let her. That's kinda our life right now..trying to avoid meltdowns. She's a bundle of emotions and sometimes has a hard time accepting the fact that she can't eat an entire jar of peanut butter just because she wants to.

I am being hard on her but she is really a sweet heart. A silly heart. We laugh a lot especially when she randomly starts talking in her low, deep voice. It always cracks us up. She'll be in mid sentence then switch her voice over to finish it off.

She kisses me and snuggles with me. She fits right in my little nook like it was made just for her. She is as soft as can be with this tiny voice and can explode into a scream at a moments notice. Her brain works fast and sometimes she gets so excited she can't quite get the words out so she keeps repeating herself then laughs about repeating herself and then starts over again once she gets the giggles out. You can count on a conversation lasting 3x longer than it should because she cracks herself up. She is a funny little thing. She has an awesome imagination and sees things I never do. She is stuck on the word "poo poo" right now and is her go-to word if she can't think of anything else. I'll ask her what she wants for lunch and she'll look at me and say "peanut butter and poo poo sandwich"

She likes to rough house with Jonah but it usually ends in tears. Justin gets rough with them and throws them on the bed and she loves it. You can flip, swing, throw or toss her around and she would ask for you to do it again and again. She is a little standoffish and shy at first when people meet her but warms up pretty quick. She makes her teachers laugh at school. They always tell me how sweet she is and smart. She can count to 25 or so, knows all her colors, how to spell her name, all the shapes. She loves MagSnaps. They are magnetic shapes that you can use to build 3D objects. She loves to build cubes and stack them. She also loves legos. She's into them more than Jonah ever was. He'd rather sit and do a puzzle than play with legos.

She dresses herself and always has an opinion about what she's wearing. It's exhausting. I usually don't let her dress herself unless we're home so I play the distraction game as we get dressed for school. She hates dresses right now and tells me "I'm not a princess!!!!!!" I tell her that she doesn't have to be a princess to wear dresses. I told her the coolest thing about wearing a dress is that you get to twirl. That changed things so we avoided a meltdown and twirled instead.

She is knock on wood potty trained. We usually put a pull up on her at night but she's been waking up dry for a full week now. We are so proud of her!!!! She has a "Dry Day" chart that we put stickers on and it's getting so full. She gets little prizes when she reaches a star square. :) Jonah tells her "When you fill up the WHOLE page you're going to be potty trained Journey!!! Can you beweeve (believe) that?!?!?" They are so funny together. Sometimes they can be the sweetest little things holding hands, being sweet..then other times they want to rip each others eyes out. Literally. I had to explain to the kids the other day not to poke each other in the eyes because their eyes would pop out and eyes can't be replaced. Journey told me we would just go to the store to get another one. She thinks we can get everything at the store.

She loves to shop with me but wants everything she sees. She pretty much has a fit any time I tell her no. I'm putting out fires all day long. Thankfully most of her fits are quick and she tells me "I'm done. I'm turning it around." Sometimes I think she just needs to get it out real quick and I let her because I know she'll feel better. She's my silly heart and I know that she needs extra patience from me sometimes and God help me, I dig deep to find it.

She is tall and so tan right now. We spent 2 weeks on the beach and although I lathered her in 70 SPF sunscreen she still managed to come back looking like a contestant for the Hawaiian Tropics. I trimmed her hair yesterday for the first time. I took about an inch off the back and it looks so good. I basically took all the straggly ends off.

She weighs 33-34 pounds and is 39 inches tall. She wears mostly 3T clothes but lots of 4T. She wears size 9-10 shoes. She's growing out of shoes so fast I've had to give her some of Jonah's. She thinks it really cool. She wore his old water shoes the other day and heard me tell Jonah that he was growing out of his swimsuit so she goes "YAH!!! That means it will be mine!" LOL She keeps asking him when he's growing out of something so she can have it.

She still loves her babies and puts them to bed a lot. She covers them with blankets and feeds them bottles but carries them around by their necks. Poor kids never have clothes on either. I'm starting to question her mothering skills.

Our Journey is so independent, smart and beautiful. She is in opposite mode right now so pretty much anything I suggest for her is rejected and she asks for the complete opposite. However, after a couple hundred battles I caught on and started suggesting the wrong choice so she would choose the one I intended all along. It works sometimes but usually she'll just refuse everything and asks to paint so she can take a bath in the sink. I don't know where her mind is sometimes.

There's so much to say about this child but I need to wrap it up. There are not enough words to talk about everything this girl is into. She keeps us busy for sure and she can be a mess at times but she has us all tightly wrapped around her little finger. She is a bright spot in all our lives and brings so much joy to Justin and I. We are loving watching her grow and wish I could slow down time so I can enjoy all of this a little longer.












To our sweet baby girl, we love you so much it's disgusting. You're so precious to us little one. Have fun being 3 and try to take it easy on your ol Momma. :)
xoxoxoxo


0 Comments: