Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Journey's First Hair Cut

I did it. I took the scissors to my precious babies hair. Her hair hasn't known scissors before..the ends of her hair was the hair that was on her head when she was born. The hair that was on her head when she was in my belly. I pretty much just cut off the last bits of baby she had left. So sad and morbid when I think about it that way. 

I took off about half an inch and really it was necessary. I started looking at all her friends hair and noticed that we were way behind. These kids look like they have actually had hair cuts on a regular basis. I started to feel like I had been neglecting my kid. Her hair looked straggly and uneven on the ends. She had dirt all over her face and her clothes were too big. Poor thing looked like I had picked her up out of a dumpster. 
Just kidding, don't know where I was going with that.

Needless to say sister needed a trim so we did it.

Before:






AFTER:



Turns out she's still my baby even though I cut the baby hairs off and she looks just as beautiful and not near as neglected. 

0 Comments: