Friday, August 14, 2015

The Eurekan Triatlon

I never knew how hard these things were until I trained a few days with mom and dad while on vacation. I have a whole new respect for these crazy people. These guys can kick my butt all over town. They are so strong and their will power to do these events is amazing. Jake is training for a Half Ironman so this was kind of a warm up for him. This was mom and dads first Triathlon and they rocked it!

Before the race - they were about to swim 300 meters, bike 7 miles and run 2 miles...
The swim course



Feeling good and ready to GO

Jake's in the F5 Tri Suit. He came in 3rd I think for his age group.



Done with the swim and heading to the transition area to take off on his bike


Dad looking strong ready for the bike

There's Mom ready to go. She did great on her swim but the other ladies were relentless. They will swim over the top of you if you don't get out of their way. Mom's gonna have to get mean and start throwing elbows...
My pictures end there. My camera battery died right after they got out of the water. We had just gotten home from Alabama a few hours before the race so I never had time to charge. Excuses, excuses. They finished really strong and we celebrated with bananas and beer. So proud of my family!

0 Comments: