Saturday, August 22, 2015

Party Time! Excellent!

We had her party on Saturday, August 22nd and this was the night before. My lovely parents got this for our sweet girl and didn't realize we had to put it together! Bless sweet Ota and Justin who stayed up late and fixed it up for her.





She was my taste tester. She approves!



We had lots of fun decorating. I cut out about 50 circles out of poster board and created the 3. It turned out so much cuter than I thought it would. Jonah and Journey helped decorate too. Ota did a lot. He's so creative!



The spread. Journey wanted peanut butter sandwiches and chips. And cake and cookies. So that's what she got :)

The cake split down the middle during the night so I had to patch it up a bit but it still tasted good. We also made cookies ..snickerdoodle and oatmeal M&M ...they were a hit and had barely any left after the party.




We had to wake her up so we could start the party. She was excited but still sleepy. 


It didn't take long for her to perk up once her best friends arrived.



So sweet, baby in one hand, cocktail in the other :)













Jonah kept saying all day "This is the BEST PARTY EVER!!!" He really enjoyed himself and was such a good big brother all day letting sister shine. 



We all had so much fun holding baby Theodore. This was the first time I met him so I was a bit enamored. It was all I could do to keep from kissing him. He is so precious and Journey loved looking at him. She had been telling me for weeks how excited she was to meet him and hold him and that he could sleep in her bed. Then when the time came she got shy and said "maybe later"




Two peas in the pod those two. If Mema is near, JK is with her. Journey has started calling her "Meems" It's too funny. Jonah kinda started it when he went through a phase where he was shortening all his words. He said he was going to start calling them Meems and Pops. Taffy was now just taff. And Journey was now Journ. It was a short lived phase but Journey still calls them meems and pops. 










After cake and games we went outside for the big present.....



Love her face!!! She was so excited to see the dune buggy



HAPPY GIRL!


Oh these babies. I could see this same scene happening in a real dune buggy in about 10 years...
Then we had fun with silly string and bubbles....


Cutest kids in town

Ota's big daddy camera
I got silly stringed..







                                                              3 Generations of Linz men


I just really can't believe that my she is already 3. It was only yesterday when I heard Justin tell me in the hospital room "It's a JOURNEY" and I knew I had my baby girl. She was exactly what we ordered and don't know how we ever got along without her.
She is so much fun and I love listening to her talk. She always has so much to say and she is so silly.
My Journey Kay is such a precious girl and loves being the baby. I hold her and she lets me treat her like a newborn. She is just the sweetest and loves for me to read Mercer Mayer books to her and never gets tired of the lullaby's I sing to her each night. She always wants Mommy for bedtime and curls onto my lap like she has since she could walk. I love rocking her to sleep and watching her eyelids get heavy and close. She is so beautiful and I cherish these moments and always hold her a little longer than I intended to.
I heard this little poem once..

"The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep."

So true. Babies don't keep. I wish they did. I wish I could freeze moments in time and go back to visit once in a while. But I can't so I am soaking in every last bit of my baby girl. I hold her when she asks for me to and pick her up when those little arms are reaching for me. I rock her to sleep for nap and bedtime because she tells me she can't fall asleep without me. She holds my hand as she falls asleep and pulls it back to her if I try to pull away too early. She rubs my face and arm when shes tired and plays with my necklace. She asks me to sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow over and over so I do.
Happy Birthday to our precious little one. Forever our baby.

0 Comments: