Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lucky #7

We were so young when we met. It was 1999. I'd been talking (chatting online) with him for a few months. He was actually my boyfriends friend and I knew of him because he used to go to my school. He was one of those smart kids who left their Junior year to attend a better school more suited for smartypants. I really don't know how it happened but we developed a friendship and I remember the first time I actually laid eyes on him. I was a cheerleader and was cheering that night at the football game and Justin was in town visiting friends and he came to the game. I spotted him instantly. He was with a group of guys (my boyfriend included) and he stole a few looks at me. I smiled at him and when I got a break I went over there to say hi. He was so shy. :) He would barely look my way...I was with someone else though so he was a complete gentleman. I felt an instant connection to him though and knew in my heart that we were supposed to be together.
Our friendship turned into something more and fell quickly in love. We were only kids, I was starting 9th grade and he was off to start his freshman year of college in another state. He moved from place to place and somehow (thanks to technology and my mother's willingness to let me stay up all hours of the night on the computer) we made this work. We talked every day, ran up the phone bill by hundreds and wrote letters. He once drove through a blizzard to come see me. We only had our weekends and he wasn't going to miss it. Our grades in school took a hit and I blame it on young love. He's seen me through hard times and never once left my side. We've always had the same goals in life and have been dreaming of this life since we were kids. We knew we would marry one day, buy a home and fill it with children. We knew how and when we would do it and we never stopped working towards that goal. It's been a long, crazy wonderful ride we've been on and as I look back I am so thankful for each and every thing we went through together to get where we are today.
I've really not known much of this life without him by my side and thank God for that. People often tell me we're lucky and maybe we are but I think it's more than luck. It wasn't luck that brought us together..it's a small town. And it definitely isn't luck that keeps us together, it's love.

Spent our anniversary with cocktails and zip lining over the gulf.










Happy 7 years to my best friend, my love. 

0 Comments: