Thursday, June 30, 2016

British Soccer Camp






















Jonah made quick friends with Ellie. We've noticed he generally buddies up with girls. At school, church..I don't know. He's a ladies man and girls are drawn to him. They always pick him to play the prince or the daddy and he happily obliges. Sweet boy. I'm gonna have to keep the girls away with a stick!





We had such a great week at soccer camp. It was only a week but it was every evening from 5:30 - 8pm. The kids really enjoyed it. They always amaze me at how well behaved they can be and the way they listen to their teachers. Wish they would listen to me like that! They showed great improvement as the week went on too. This was Journey's first real experience and she did outstanding. She ran hard and keeps the ball right at her feet while she dribbles. I see real talent in her and can't wait to see how she does on her Little Kickster team in the Fall. I also have to say I am loving dressing her up like a little soccer athlete. Anything that involves getting to shop..I'm in!! :D
Jonah was amazing out there as well. He continues to improve and has learned how to be more aggressive with the ball. He even scored some goals. He is in love with his new turquoise soccer cleats, He picked them out himself and wore them out of the store. 
This soccer camp is so fun and we love the British coaches. Coach Matt was energetic, learned all the kids names by the first day and kept them engaged the entire week. He was hard on them but in a good way. There were a few boys who had a hard time staying focused but he was patient with them and would pull them out to sit down if they didn't listen. I thought it was good and glad the kids got to see what happens when you don't listen.

My babies have grown so much this summer. I'm looking forward to Fall. I read somewhere that a kids growth slows way down in the Fall and Winter months. I need that.
 I love a busy summer but nothing beats a lazy Fall. 

♥Jessica

0 Comments: