Playing and Nanny and Poppys house! We played hide n seek outside and watched Poppy sharpen lawn mower blades. Things move a little slower in Green Forest and I love it!
Jonah and Sepp played games when we weren't outside. They both found some really good hiding places. Barrett took a nap after he ran the 5K in 21 minutes. I think he deserved that nap. :)
| Love this picture of Poppy. Such a wonderfully, sweet man. Always taking care of his family and the house. He didn't know I was taking pics of him..he would been embarrassed but I'm glad I got a few. |
Jonah ran with Justin, Aunt Andrea and Sofia. They ran/walked and did about 2 miles. Jonah ran a lot and then at one point I saw Justin carrying him on his shoulders. :) Team effort!!
Mom did awesome!! She came in just a few minutes after me. Ever since she hurt her knee it's been tough on her but she never stops going. She is such an inspiration to me and am in awe of her perseverance. She does back off if the pain gets bad but never stops. Such a strong beautiful woman.
Aunt Lori and Dad walked with sis. Dad pushed her stroller, bless him! He said she got in and out A LOT so it took them awhile to finish. They did the full 5k though and sissy was so proud to cross the finish line.
Barrett and Sepp! Barrett came in 3rd place last year but didn't place this year. He ran it in 21 minutes but the winners were some 14 year old track star boys who ran it in 18 minutes. Isn't that insane? 18 minutes? I think they secretly jumped on some scooters or had rockets attached to their shoes or something.
The whole crew!
This is always a special time for us to come together as a family. In honor of all the great fallen soldiers but especially one. Tom Ratzlaff. He went way too soon but left behind a beautiful legacy. His family is thriving because of his wonderful wife and her dedication to her children. He is gone but certainly not forgotten and we remember him on this day and so many others.
RIP Tommy, we love you.
♥Jessica
0 Comments:
Post a Comment