Saturday, June 4, 2016

Little Rock Zoo





This guy came down out of no where, reached into the pond and pulled himself out a big fish. We all watched in horror. The kids loved it actually but I kept looking around for someone to intervene and help this poor fish. It wasn't 20 seconds and gulp.. down went the fish and the heron flew away. Made me sad but guess that's how it goes. Look at his face. Smug asshole. Doesn't even have to try. The fish are just there for the pickin.


Johann. Sweet boy and he knows so much about animals!









3 generations of Linz men. Michael Patrick, Justin Patrick and Jonah Patrick. 
Kylie, Journey Kay and Aaryanna. My built in babysitters when in Conway :) I love these girls. They are coming to stay with us this summer!!!
Bird watching and picture taking


Being a prairie dog
I wish I'd gotten a family picture. I think Michael did and also got some other really good ones too so whenever he uploads I will add them. It was such a great day spent with Ota and our cousins. Jonah loved everything and brought his new camera to document everything. I really should just upload his pictures! They are on a different machine but his are excellent. I love his perspective. We got to see some really neat animals. It was hot but just a cute little zoo. That heron eating the fish stands out for me. It was traumatizing..seeing it live like that. I bet it happens a lot though and they must just rely on the uncaged birds to just feed themselves. All in all good trip. Got to spend some quality time with Ota, Jonah was up early and sat in the breakfast nook area looking out at all the birds, taking pictures. Just like his grandfather. They have a real bond and it's a sweet thing to watch. I pray it continues to grow.

♥Jessica

0 Comments: