Hi baby, I can't believe you are now five years old. How can that be? You're tall enough to be 5 maybe even 6 but you still love to be carried around and treated like a baby. I think that's our fault. You're our baby so it's hard for us to treat you any different. You love to run and play. You could play all day with your toys. You love baby dolls, barbies, dinosaurs, playing family and board games. You love all things silly and weird and down for outside playtime at any point in time. If someone is outside you are with them. You love to explore and you are fearless when you're in a comfortable place.
You're in a tough phase right now where you're painfully shy. You don't like to greet new people or talk to them. You hide behind us and we find ourselves apologizing for your behavior all the time. I don't mind you being shy but being rude is completely different. We're working on knowing the difference.

You're an amazing gymnast. I am not just saying that because I'm biased because I am but you really are. You have an incredible natural talent for it. You're strong and your body seems to be built for all things athletic. I love watching you do your thing. It makes me so proud to see you practice and practice and then finally master a skill. I know it makes you feel good too and such an awesome lesson in life about never giving up. There are days you don't want to go to gym and we talk and I remind you that as soon as you step on the mat you love it. And you do. You get out there and you shine. You're used to being coached but have a hard time getting any negative feedback. It doesn't happen often but sometimes I see you getting talked to..can't hear what's being said but I assume they are just giving instruction but I see your demeanor and can tell you're uncomfortable. You end up nodding and resuming your place in line so you do handle it well but I just wish you showed more confidence in situations like that. I'm sure that will come with age. Sometimes I forget how young you are and that I shouldn't expect so much. You're just so smart and capable so mediocrity will never be an option. :) Kidding, not kidding.


You're smart like your brother and pick up on things easily but also get frustrated easily. You grunt and whine and complain but rarely give up. You're reading small words and I'm trying to teach you about memorization. I want you to not have to think and just know. We did about 20 addition math problems on the sidewalk the other morning with chalk. You answered every one correctly and they got hard at the end. There were a few bonus problems like 13+6 and 9+7 but they didn't even phase you. After about problem 10 you completely understood the concept and there weren't any numbers that were stopping you up. Some took you some time to figure out and some you had to redo but I was so proud of you and the way you kept trying until you got the answers right.
You're swimming mostly but you lack the confidence. You prefer to swim without your floaties and swim underwater so good! But when it gets deep you want your floaties back on. You'll be swimming confidently for sure by next summer.

You're awesome at hop scotch. I drew a 20 step course and you nailed it the first time. Anything involving sidewalk chalk makes you happy. :)

You love shopping with me especially if we're shopping for you but you don't mind getting groceries either. You help me check things off the list and always love picking out the snacks and treats.
You're super tall and wearing size 6 clothes pretty much. Some 4/5 still fit, shirts mostly but I've started buying all 6 sizes for you. So weird. Jonah still wears some size 6 clothes!!!! You're really only about 3-4 inches shorter than him now. I think you're going to be taller than me even when you're grown. You tell me all the time that you can't wait till you're older and can go shopping in my closet. LOL I know you will too! Momma likes to shop!
You're in gym class right now as I type this. You've done floor, vault and now you're on the bars. You keep looking at me and smiling. You're not supposed to look over at me much because they want you focused and you do so well. Sometimes I stare at you waiting for you to look and you never do. You're in the zone!
You opened your presents yesterday and waited semi patiently all day until after school and then you had to wait about 20 more minutes until Jonah got home from school. He handed your presents to you one by one and each one made you giddy with joy. You spent the rest of the evening playing with your Daniel Tiger trolley, gymnastics barbie and the Who Tooted game. You really want a pogo stick and have a sneaky suspicion that meems and pops got you one. Your party is on Saturday and all your friends from school are coming to celebrate with you. You're so excited! You requested jambalaya and watermelon for dinner so that's what we had and then we drove to the mall for a yum yos treat. You got to pick 6 toppings and loved every bite. You chose mostly gummy items which get so hard in the cold yogurt but you love it anyway. We ran and played tag after because you wanted to. It was such a special day and you were happy to be in charge.
You're going to school 3 days a week now and it's hard. I miss you. I'm thinking I wish I would've only done 2 days a week again but wanted you to be prepared for what's to come next year...I don't even want to go there right now.
The next few days will be so busy as we near your party. I've got a balloon arch to assemble and treats to make but love taking sweet moments to break and have a tea party or come sit at your restaurant and choose items from the menu you created. These little moments when I am in your world are so special to me. We could be running around getting ready to leave somewhere and we're late of course and there you are in your room...whipping up a picnic lunch for your 6 children, coloring a masterpiece or filling the bathroom sink full of water so you can play tea set. Always playing and not really concerned with what's going on around you. I kinda love that about you. My carefree girl.
You love getting your nails done and having them done but love picking the polish off more.
I still rock you to sleep each night in your chair. You crawl up in my arms and curl around me like a pretzel. Our bodies just fit perfectly together. Always have. I put my arm under your little body and cradle you as I sing. Sometimes you're out before I finish the first song and sometimes you lay and listen for awhile. I watch your little eyelids flutter and know it won't be long until you're asleep. I kiss your soft cheeks and then pick you up and lay you in bed. I tuck you in tight so you don't get cold and always leave the light on in the bathroom. You want me for bed 99% of the time but on the rare nights that you want your Daddy I love listening to him sing to you. He sings different songs to you and holds you just like I do. If you can believe it...you're still in your toddler bed which is why we've always chosen to sit in your chair to read. I've got a new bed picked out for you and for some reason I can't seem to just order it. I don't want our nighttime routine to change and I worry with a new bed we both can lay in..it will. I've been rocking you to sleep for 5 years. How in the world are you going to fall asleep without my arms holding you? Until I can answer that, your new bed sits in my shopping cart...
You are such a joy, my silly heart. You make us smile every day just by looking at your beautiful face. Happy 5 years my baby. We love you so much it's disgusting. Have fun being 5!!
Love,
Momma
You said this the other night....
You're in a tough phase right now where you're painfully shy. You don't like to greet new people or talk to them. You hide behind us and we find ourselves apologizing for your behavior all the time. I don't mind you being shy but being rude is completely different. We're working on knowing the difference.
You're an amazing gymnast. I am not just saying that because I'm biased because I am but you really are. You have an incredible natural talent for it. You're strong and your body seems to be built for all things athletic. I love watching you do your thing. It makes me so proud to see you practice and practice and then finally master a skill. I know it makes you feel good too and such an awesome lesson in life about never giving up. There are days you don't want to go to gym and we talk and I remind you that as soon as you step on the mat you love it. And you do. You get out there and you shine. You're used to being coached but have a hard time getting any negative feedback. It doesn't happen often but sometimes I see you getting talked to..can't hear what's being said but I assume they are just giving instruction but I see your demeanor and can tell you're uncomfortable. You end up nodding and resuming your place in line so you do handle it well but I just wish you showed more confidence in situations like that. I'm sure that will come with age. Sometimes I forget how young you are and that I shouldn't expect so much. You're just so smart and capable so mediocrity will never be an option. :) Kidding, not kidding.
You're smart like your brother and pick up on things easily but also get frustrated easily. You grunt and whine and complain but rarely give up. You're reading small words and I'm trying to teach you about memorization. I want you to not have to think and just know. We did about 20 addition math problems on the sidewalk the other morning with chalk. You answered every one correctly and they got hard at the end. There were a few bonus problems like 13+6 and 9+7 but they didn't even phase you. After about problem 10 you completely understood the concept and there weren't any numbers that were stopping you up. Some took you some time to figure out and some you had to redo but I was so proud of you and the way you kept trying until you got the answers right.
You're swimming mostly but you lack the confidence. You prefer to swim without your floaties and swim underwater so good! But when it gets deep you want your floaties back on. You'll be swimming confidently for sure by next summer.
You're awesome at hop scotch. I drew a 20 step course and you nailed it the first time. Anything involving sidewalk chalk makes you happy. :)
You love shopping with me especially if we're shopping for you but you don't mind getting groceries either. You help me check things off the list and always love picking out the snacks and treats.
You're super tall and wearing size 6 clothes pretty much. Some 4/5 still fit, shirts mostly but I've started buying all 6 sizes for you. So weird. Jonah still wears some size 6 clothes!!!! You're really only about 3-4 inches shorter than him now. I think you're going to be taller than me even when you're grown. You tell me all the time that you can't wait till you're older and can go shopping in my closet. LOL I know you will too! Momma likes to shop!
You're in gym class right now as I type this. You've done floor, vault and now you're on the bars. You keep looking at me and smiling. You're not supposed to look over at me much because they want you focused and you do so well. Sometimes I stare at you waiting for you to look and you never do. You're in the zone!
You opened your presents yesterday and waited semi patiently all day until after school and then you had to wait about 20 more minutes until Jonah got home from school. He handed your presents to you one by one and each one made you giddy with joy. You spent the rest of the evening playing with your Daniel Tiger trolley, gymnastics barbie and the Who Tooted game. You really want a pogo stick and have a sneaky suspicion that meems and pops got you one. Your party is on Saturday and all your friends from school are coming to celebrate with you. You're so excited! You requested jambalaya and watermelon for dinner so that's what we had and then we drove to the mall for a yum yos treat. You got to pick 6 toppings and loved every bite. You chose mostly gummy items which get so hard in the cold yogurt but you love it anyway. We ran and played tag after because you wanted to. It was such a special day and you were happy to be in charge.
You're going to school 3 days a week now and it's hard. I miss you. I'm thinking I wish I would've only done 2 days a week again but wanted you to be prepared for what's to come next year...I don't even want to go there right now.
The next few days will be so busy as we near your party. I've got a balloon arch to assemble and treats to make but love taking sweet moments to break and have a tea party or come sit at your restaurant and choose items from the menu you created. These little moments when I am in your world are so special to me. We could be running around getting ready to leave somewhere and we're late of course and there you are in your room...whipping up a picnic lunch for your 6 children, coloring a masterpiece or filling the bathroom sink full of water so you can play tea set. Always playing and not really concerned with what's going on around you. I kinda love that about you. My carefree girl.
You love getting your nails done and having them done but love picking the polish off more.
I still rock you to sleep each night in your chair. You crawl up in my arms and curl around me like a pretzel. Our bodies just fit perfectly together. Always have. I put my arm under your little body and cradle you as I sing. Sometimes you're out before I finish the first song and sometimes you lay and listen for awhile. I watch your little eyelids flutter and know it won't be long until you're asleep. I kiss your soft cheeks and then pick you up and lay you in bed. I tuck you in tight so you don't get cold and always leave the light on in the bathroom. You want me for bed 99% of the time but on the rare nights that you want your Daddy I love listening to him sing to you. He sings different songs to you and holds you just like I do. If you can believe it...you're still in your toddler bed which is why we've always chosen to sit in your chair to read. I've got a new bed picked out for you and for some reason I can't seem to just order it. I don't want our nighttime routine to change and I worry with a new bed we both can lay in..it will. I've been rocking you to sleep for 5 years. How in the world are you going to fall asleep without my arms holding you? Until I can answer that, your new bed sits in my shopping cart...
You are such a joy, my silly heart. You make us smile every day just by looking at your beautiful face. Happy 5 years my baby. We love you so much it's disgusting. Have fun being 5!!
Love,
Momma
You said this the other night....
8-14-17 - We were praying as I was putting her to bed and I was praying for Jonah and asking God to be with him tomorrow as he goes off to school. After prayer she looks at me and says "You don't need to ask God to be with Jonah. God is everywhere! He's already with Jonah."
Ummm wow. I smiled and said "yes baby, you are so right! I forget sometimes. Thank you for reminding me." This baby girl of mine is nothing short of spectacular. My kids are constantly teaching me, correcting me. I swear I learn more from them than they do from me.
Ummm wow. I smiled and said "yes baby, you are so right! I forget sometimes. Thank you for reminding me." This baby girl of mine is nothing short of spectacular. My kids are constantly teaching me, correcting me. I swear I learn more from them than they do from me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment